• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radiator Recovery Tank

Red63440

Local time
6:24 AM
Reaction score
I am looking for a radiator recovery tank for my 1964 Fury BB. I am running a Be Cool radiator and 13# is the maximum pressure cap, I am loosing fluid and I want it to go back into the radiator. I'm not looking to spend a hundred dollars on a tank and while I have seen a few plastic ones on ebag that would work none of them have a brackets needed. The aluminum ones seem to be pretty small which is why I am still looking. Any ideas???

you can use a large radiator hose clamp bolted to the support or apron to hold a bottle... cheap... works..

Jegs has some heavy plastic ones.They come in colors,I got black for my 65. It fit between the rad support and grille on the battery side. They mount with 1/4'' bolts. They have thread-sirts molded into the tank. I looked for photos that may show it on my car.You can't even see it.In the photo you can see the hose on top of the tank running towards the battery and barely see the top of it. I did have to drill 2 holes in the rad support to mount it.
IMG_2730.jpg

Think a quart is big enough?

The radiator is more than capable of holding the pressure of a 16# cap. They may be worried that your heater core might not be. If you're heater core is good, run a 16#. A lot of reputable aluminum radiator companies recommend lower due to the old brass our cars have. Mine is a '67 and all original except the aluminum radiator. I run a 16# no problem. I tested it to 20#.

Looks like the same one I used. It's really a catch can. You'll just keep filling it if the cap isn't holding.
View attachment 1117353

Nice, that's clean. Smart to install in front of the rad support, plenty of room up there!

I ran the radiator overflow hose to the bottom of the can so it will fill from the bottom and suck the coolant back out when it cools (I hope). The top port I use as a drain, so if it ever goes over 20oz it will spill.

Jegs has some heavy plastic ones.They come in colors,I got black for my 65. It fit between the rad support and grille on the battery side. They mount with 1/4'' bolts. They have thread-sirts molded into the tank. I looked for photos that may show it on my car.You can't even see it.In the photo you can see the hose on top of the tank running towards the battery and barely see the top of it. I did have to drill 2 holes in the rad support to mount it. View attachment 1117265
Damn... that is a freakin' beautiful car..........

Remember to get a "Recovery " tank. They make overflow tanks an they look identical.
Also use a recovery style cap.They have 2 gaskets for the recovery tank to work.

That’s the most important part in all of this, it has to be a recovery tank, just having an over flow tank won’t help. Didn’t know about the cap

Auto Transport Service
Back