• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radiator Size Confirmation Needed

The Rebel

Local time
12:44 PM
Reaction score
Looking at the code 2898045, I can't see any listing in the parts catalog for a 68 Charger.

Code 45 on my BS: Radiator: 22” 383/440 w/AT “B” Body

Thanks in advance!

Capture.PNG

I actually looked in the 1968 parts manual while I was in the shop and that is exactly what is listed for a 383 in a Charger with Auto and regular heater.
moparpartsandmanuals 001.JPG

Thanks Wayne. I definitely missed it then, thanks a million for your help!

Hey Wayne, where did you find it listed as I re-looked at the 68 parts catalog and there is no number listed

upload_2020-3-30_6-58-0.png

I'll get a pic later today out of the true '68 manual, didn't have my camera in the shop yesterday.

First pages of the manual state Coronet and Charger are both "W" 's

mopar1968radiator 001.JPG
mopar1968radiator 003.JPG
mopar1968radiator 004.JPG
mopar1968radiator 002.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks Wayne! How come the 68 parts catalog I downloaded from My Mopar is so different from the original? I figured these were the exact same books?

Capture.PNG

I can only guess because the one you are looking at was printed in March '69.. superceding April '68. My parts book is April's superceding Dec '67's. Maybe they had stopped making -045 radiators by the time they printed your parts manual!?

I can only assume the -045 is correct, since we have another member looking for one for his '68 Charger in the WTB !

Excellent point!

I can only guess because the one you are looking at was printed in March '69.. superceding April '68. My parts book is April's superceding Dec '67's. Maybe they had stopped making -045 radiators by the time they printed your parts manual!?

I can only assume the -045 is correct, since we have another member looking for one for his '68 Charger in the WTB !

Auto Transport Service
Back