• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radio delete?

DodgeBoy5150

Made in the U.S.A.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:25 PM
Reaction score
So not technically a radio delete--more correctly not optioned with a radio?

I'm 99% sure my Cordoba came with no radio from the factory--

1) No radio code listed on fender tag

2) Previous owner hacked a DIN size opening in the lower dash panel
IMG_3045.JPEG

But, my car also has an antenna base that looks very factory installed
IMG_3044.JPEG

I haven't located a broadcast sheet in my car yet--that I feel would solve the case.

My questions--anyone else have a late model B-body with no factory radio?
Did you still get a factory antenna installed with no radio?

I have a 1978 fury. It’s a b-body. It came with no radio. They have a plug in the antenna hole that looks like and antenna. The fender is the same for antenna or the plug. So this guy took that plug out and installed an antenna.

You don’t need the broadcast sheet, the tag tells you the story.

From moparnation69 build antennas were shipped in the truck. Dealer installed before delivery. I wondered why my 66 was on right rear quarter, seen on left quarter too.
This may not apply to your Cordoba.

From moparnation69 build antennas were shipped in the truck. Dealer installed before delivery. I wondered why my 66 was on right rear quarter, seen on left quarter too.
This may not apply to your Cordoba.
I remember hearing somewhere that a rear antenna was a option in 66-67. I can't locate that information now.

So not technically a radio delete--more correctly not optioned with a radio?

I'm 99% sure my Cordoba came with no radio from the factory--

1) No radio code listed on fender tag

2) Previous owner hacked a DIN size opening in the lower dash panel
View attachment 1155688
But, my car also has an antenna base that looks very factory installed
View attachment 1155690

I haven't located a broadcast sheet in my car yet--that I feel would solve the case.

My questions--anyone else have a late model B-body with no factory radio?
Did you still get a factory antenna installed with no radio?

Hacked is a really good word for what the p.o. did there!

On my '77 Cordoba I found it under the carpet of the passenger side seat.
Finally found my broadcast sheet today!
Mine was under the driver side seat--spotted it through a manufacturer hole in the carpet ;)
Totally confirms no radio was optioned for this Cordoba--very cool to me--considering it had so many other options!

658534918.696218.JPEG IMG_3379.JPEG IMG_3380.JPEG IMG_3381.JPEG

I have never seen a Cordoba without a radio. I'd be curious to know what the block off plate looked like

ah....i get it now. i thought it was a pre-existing hole that was hacked to make it larger.

Today I have pleased the MoPar gods by returning our Cordoba to the factory non radio/antenna spec! :lowdown:

IMG_3844.JPEG
IMG_3866.JPEG
IMG_3880.JPEG
IMG_3881.JPEG

Seriously though-- I repaired the lower dash panel a few months ago and was just able to buy the correct fender plug recently.
I do not plan to keep this Cordoba completely stock--but this just seemed so rare I had to lean into it. :thumbsup:

You don’t need the broadcast sheet, the tag tells you the story.

Interesting coding quirk from that era...I think if you look at Windsor built Cordobas and Chargers from 75-79, you'll find NONE of them code a radio on the tag.

R37 on window sticker. Nothing on the tag.

77_CORDOBA_RADIO_CODE.jpg

Last edited:
I have an 80 D150 that was a radio delete and had an 83 Rampage radio delete also. I always thought the antenna plug looked kinda neat, like a power antenna fully retracted.

Never say 'never. Not often is a better choice.
(((Tags from 75 runner, 78 Magnum, 79 Magnum)))
I have at least a half dozen that I (strangely) don't have pictures of fender tags, maybe another example there?
tag.JPG
16DEC2013 fender tag.JPG
fender tag.JPG
[/QUOTE]

It isn't terribly unusual. Back in the day, a lot of people preferred to get aftermarket radios as they typically sounded better and had more options, and were cheaper (usually). All the cool kids had aftermarket systems. Also, it was simpler (cheaper) for the factory to just have the one fender stamping with the antenna hole and just plug the hole with the 'no radio' option.
Them's was different times.
jus sayin....

R47 Power antenna
R32 Dual rear speakers.[/QUOTE]

Shoot, that's on me, I was just looking for R codes. Then I did read the wrong line in my white book three times, I kept reading R37. There just aren't very many codes past the P's on most fender tags I have. I guess it's like the Mayan calendar, probably doesn't mean much more than they were running low on room.

It isn't terribly unusual. Back in the day, a lot of people preferred to get aftermarket radios as they typically sounded better and had more options, and were cheaper (usually). All the cool kids had aftermarket systems. Also, it was simpler (cheaper) for the factory to just have the one fender stamping with the antenna hole and just plug the hole with the 'no radio' option.
Them's was different times.
jus sayin....

That was almost closer to the norm than otherwise (from what I've been told by the old-timers). Dealerships could make more money ordering a basic AM radio and up selling later vs. factory ordering a fancy radio. I seen some very very loaded original cars that had a basic radio only on the build sheet, not in dash.

R47 Power antenna
R32 Dual rear speakers.

Shoot, that's on me, I was just looking for R codes. Then I did read the wrong line in my white book three times, I kept reading R37. There just aren't very many codes past the P's on most fender tags I have. I guess it's like the Mayan calendar, probably doesn't mean much more than they were running low on room.[/QUOTE]

It's not an issue of room. More likely that plant coding philosophy dictated codes using those letters simply were not coded on a tag and codes using previous letters were. If two tags were necessary to communicate the required info, two tags were used.

Auto Transport Service
Back