• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ram Charger color

Get it off the hood for rebuild and paint and then have a shop colour match it (the interior that's not faded) with their "camera" for you or just take a shot at it like I did and use some Dark Walnut paint.

Get it off the hood for rebuild and paint and then have a shop colour match it (the interior that's not faded) with their "camera" for you or just take a shot at it like I did and use some Dark Walnut paint.
My problem is it is actually orange , obviously the system is not original. Where did you find your dark walnut paint?

I believe the 1970 models were orange.

Like I already stated.. prime it and paint it with Dark Brown Walnut paint. It's almost black.. until you put something truly black beside it to show it's really brown.
beerestorationfall2018 427.JPG
beerestorationfall2018 623.JPG
beerestorationfall2018 809.JPG

You can probably get it from totally auto.

Moulded originally.. same as the heater box.
I never thought of the similarity to the heater box, but you’re right. It’s not really fiberglass, and not really plastic. I was going to restore mine myself, until I realized it was beyond my ability. I ended up sending it to a guy in the ‘states that restores them. Can’t wait to get it back. Gonna hang it on the wall as art until the car is done.

I never thought of the similarity to the heater box, but you’re right. It’s not really fiberglass, and not really plastic. I was going to restore mine myself, until I realized it was beyond my ability. I ended up sending it to a guy in the ‘states that restores them. Can’t wait to get it back. Gonna hang it on the wall as art until the car is done.
Can you get me the contact information for the restorer in the states, please?

His name is Don Hall. Phone 513-528-7922 cell phone 513-325-0258
He has a Facebook page called Air Grabber Restorations with his info and pix.
Thanks very much for everyone"s help and input. I knew someone here could help me. Thanks again!

Auto Transport Service
Back