• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ram Charger ?

Dreamcatcher

Will fish for food
Local time
1:19 PM
Reaction score
Anyone here know ram chargers? Have the opportunity to buy a very clean 84 ram charger. Has 360 in it that don't run. I have an extra gen 3 hemi sitting here. Although I really don't need another project it seems to me this might be a fun build. Was thinking that being a truck sort of vehicle it should even have a rear sump pan. So this truck hemi engine might work. And with the right flex plate should mount to the 360 transmission. Any insight on ram chargers would be great.
Thanks
Don

If the flex plate/bell housing mate it might work. Check on the balancing of the engines (internal or external). 84s are fuel pump systems. I had a 84 truck, was my favorite truck of all the ones I owned. Column couplers usually wear and get sloppy but that's a easy fix. Also auto front lockout hubs may go out but can be replaced with aftermarket lockouts pretty easily & cheap.

Mine was the shortbox 4x4 360 w the prospector package blk/silver. I'd fix it and drive it! I removed the smog stuff and put dual exhaust on mine and it got 18 mpg.

Had three different years W100's. '74, '77, '89. Body rot was my issue. In front of the rear wheels and rear most bed cross member possible. All 3 got a steering stabilizer installed.
'89 & '77..........
77_89Ramchrgr.gif

The rear door usually had cracking issues up around the hinges.....it's fiberglass. It's pretty rare if it's not cracked.

at one time I used to see them come through some of the military auctions always wanted to pick one up but never found the one I had wanted also a lot of law enforcement agency got them to
52566c6a304a27e3259adba7bced2742.jpg
d9aac29ba613a73a044883f076106b96--police-vehicles-emergency-vehicles.jpg
you also could get the soft top for them
cc69703e5b7cbe490d3745831fe4556e--dodge-trucks-pickup-trucks.jpg
ebay991200.jpg
IMG_1454%20(800x533)1.jpg
5555bm.jpg
not sure if this was a military truck at one time or converted

Last edited:
If you do go through with changing the engine, the 360 converter is ballanced with a weight on the front of it. I have have seen 318 replaced where the original was a 360. and the engine vibrated until I knocked off that weight.

If you do go through with changing the engine, the 360 converter is ballanced with a weight on the front of it. I have have seen 318 replaced where the original was a 360. and the engine vibrated until I knocked off that weight.
I was told that once before as well when people use the 5.7 on the 727. I think there is also some type of adaptor that has to be used to make it fit.

Auto Transport Service
Back