• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ram towing.......

5.7 hemi

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:02 PM
Reaction score
So I made my LAST trip back to Hanford to get a few big items, bbq, smoker, potting bench I made for my wife 2 years ago, engine hoist, power washer, mechanics table and odds/ends. It fit neatly into our trailer which is rated for 3k pounds. Might’ve had 1k in it. My son helped load then refueled and back to Shandon.

I’m doing 65, and got passed by an F150 CCSB on 198. Then he took the same exit towards Kettleman City. I lost sight of him till we hit the only light in Kettleman City. I pulled up behind him waiting for the light to turn green. Finally it turns green, he takes off, I signal to turn into the slow lane, move over, dropped the hammer! He was getting on it but nothing my tuned Cummins couldn’t handle. I past him, got past the light at I5 and left him in the dust. He caught up as I ended up behind 3 big rigs to the Waste Management System, they turn off, we keep rolling.

Now mind you, these hills are nothing except the last one getting into San Luis Obispo County, that one has at least a 5 mile passing lane going up to the top. The Cummins just purring at 65, 1500rpm’s and pulling away. Never saw him again till Chalome (James Dean died there).

Gotta luv the Cummins!!

So I made my LAST trip back to Hanford to get a few big items, bbq, smoker, potting bench I made for my wife 2 years ago, engine hoist, power washer, mechanics table and odds/ends. It fit neatly into our trailer which is rated for 3k pounds. Might’ve had 1k in it. My son helped load then refueled and back to Shandon.

I’m doing 65, and got passed by an F150 CCSB on 198. Then he took the same exit towards Kettleman City. I lost sight of him till we hit the only light in Kettleman City. I pulled up behind him waiting for the light to turn green. Finally it turns green, he takes off, I signal to turn into the slow lane, move over, dropped the hammer! He was getting on it but nothing my tuned Cummins couldn’t handle. I past him, got past the light at I5 and left him in the dust. He caught up as I ended up behind 3 big rigs to the Waste Management System, they turn off, we keep rolling.

Now mind you, these hills are nothing except the last one getting into San Luis Obispo County, that one has at least a 5 mile passing lane going up to the top. The Cummins just purring at 65, 1500rpm’s and pulling away. Never saw him again till Chalome (James Dean died there).

Gotta luv the Cummins!!
They do say down this way that it's better to towing with a Ram, rather than pushing a Ewe. :D

Sounds like the move went well. I hope your new neighbours are good people. :thumbsup:

Haven’t met any yet, but they wave, so I’m not complaining. We have a place here in this one horse town that makes a Mexican food, the wife stopped and got burritos, they were so big, couldn’t get my hand around it. Pretty damn tasty too!

gotta' love the Cummins

I just recently took a trip to Florida. Running 70mph empty and got 25mpg. 2500 Ram Megacab diesel 4 wheel drive. Gotta love those diesels.

Was that hand calculated or going off the EVIC (dash display)?

Auto Transport Service
Back