• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ramsey Lewis won't be Down!

RIP. Prefer the In-Crowd version by Doby Gray.

Bummer. Ramsey had great style. His music was more "cool" than smooth IMO.

Wow.....he was a legend. I'll play his awesome smoothness tonight.

I heard this recently on the college radio station in Arkansas. A friends parents, who are in their mid 90’s, saw Ramsey Lewis several times maybe around Chicago in the 60’s-70’s.

RIP. Play In Peace!

How did Black music go from some of the best to the worst, most tribal, violent, hatred, disrespectful **** ever produced? Let alone the fact that the FCC allows that **** to be played over the airwaves!!!

I heard this recently on the college radio station in Arkansas. A friends parents, who are in their mid 90’s, saw Ramsey Lewis several times maybe around Chicago in the 60’s-70’s.

RIP. Play In Peace!

Something about his music that's just plain groovy - and that's coming from a gearhead music-nut that listens to Hendrix' Burning of the Midnight Lamp sort of stuff. Just cool stuff.

Gods band got even better, RIP
There's a blues song with that same theme. It's pretty good. I forgot the title. Something about another blues singer gone to heaven. It lists several people like, Muddy Waters, Robert Johnson, etc So, if somebody knows it please let us know.

There's a blues song with that same theme. It's pretty good. I forgot the title. Something about another blues singer gone to heaven. It lists several people like, Muddy Waters, Robert Johnson, etc So, if somebody knows it please let us know.
Song's called Six Strings Down

"Heaven Done Called Another Blues Stringer Back Home"

I think Jimmie is better guitar player than SRV, SRV's to over-rated IMO!

Auto Transport Service
Back