• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ran with the 4150 carb

68 HEMI GTS

Local time
8:01 AM
Reaction score
Took the roadrunner out today with a 1050an on a tm6. It's pretty damn close to the six pack, may have squeaked a bit more if I would have jetted up. I leaned it on the hsab 1 size to see where I was at and it slowed down. All in all it was a good day, drive it to the track, hammered it, and drove it home. It was "no et" day so I didn't get bitched at. I would have made more passes but the track was getting questionable about midway down so I called it.

IMG_2532.JPG

IMG_2531.JPG

Last edited:
Not too different, more still in it,
you have a good running 6bbl tune too...

sounds like a successful outing

A TM6 sure can produce good results with a 850 DP. A Six Pak can do really well too, if you work at adjusting it.

Not too different, more still in it,
you have a good running 6bbl tune too...

sounds like a successful outing

It was, I've spent quite a bit of time fiddling with both setups using a wide lm2. So the tune ups are very close. I was really surprised at the time slips, you could lay the 10.95 slips next to each other and think nothing had even changed. Curious what a modern single plane would do, but not 300 dollars curious... lol. I really do like the double pumper on the street, I spent a lot of time cleaning up the cruise on that carb. It was pretty fat to start with. I moved the idle feeds back to the bottom of the metering block and reduced the size. I also added screw in restrictirs to the transfer slots. Plugs look excellent.

Last edited:
Sure seems like a modern single plane manifold like a Victor or Indy is worth quite a few HP's. But we all decide where to spend the $$'s. Speaking as a cheap ***.

Thanks for sharing. I'm going from a 4150 750 to a 4500 1050 for next year. What brand carb did you run?

Looks like a fun day!! Milan is very iffy this time of year....especially when the sun starts going low, and the dew starts forming. That place is known for cars on their roofs after sunset.

Thanks for sharing. I'm going from a 4150 750 to a 4500 1050 for next year. What brand carb did you run?

It's a proform (a lot of the parts like the main body's are actually QFT). It started life as a 850 street carb and I threw the 1050 main body at it. Any carb you get will need work, I don't care where it comes from, they're never true bolt on deals.

Do some reading here before you buy your dominator.

http://racingfuelsystems.myfunforum.org/viewforum.php?f=25

I recommend the Holley 1050cfm Sportsman Dominator.
On Summit it is part number: HLY-0-80688 for $799.95.
I bolted this carb onto my Edelbrock Victor 440 Standard Port Single Plane Manifold using a 4500-4150 adapter and the first 3 runs after replacing my 850 Demon with this 80688 Dominator I went from a previous best of 10.981 with the 850 Demon to first 3 runs with the Dominator (NO OTHER CHANGES) to 10.609, 10.613 and 10.616. IT MADE A BELIEVER OUT OF ME...

I recommend the Holley 1050cfm Sportsman Dominator.
On Summit it is part number: HLY-0-80688 for $799.95.
I bolted this carb onto my Edelbrock Victor 440 Standard Port Single Plane Manifold using a 4500-4150 adapter and the first 3 runs after replacing my 850 Demon with this 80688 Dominator I went from a previous best of 10.981 with the 850 Demon to first 3 runs with the Dominator (NO OTHER CHANGES) to 10.609, 10.613 and 10.616. IT MADE A BELIEVER OUT OF ME...

Mike, how well does it drive around on the street? Usually dominators need some significant recalibration for crusing around town without killing plugs.

Mike, how well does it drive around on the street? Usually dominators need some significant recalibration for crusing around town without killing plugs.
I have driven the car to only 2 car shows this summer. About 30 miles (each) round trip.
The car "drank" gas...only about 5MPG...but...it idled at stop signs just fine...picked up speed slowly just fine....no problems...I had NO reason to check the plugs when I got home.

Since my car is NOT a street/strip car (98% race only) the carb is fine....I do not know how it would work for 2000 miles a year for street driving as that is not important to my application.

Mike, ya big motors on the street sure do drink gas. My 500" 850 DP would get about 6 or 7 MPG. But my street millage is pretty low, so who cares.

Mike, ya big motors on the street sure do drink gas. My 500" 850 DP would get about 6 or 7 MPG. But my street millage is pretty low, so who cares.

That's was my point, most people are satisfied with that. I am not. Just because your running a big carb you shouldn't settle for dumping excessive fuel in the motor under cruise. I don't care about the mileage as much as washing oil off the cylinder walls and shortening the life of the engine. If I would have just left the 1050 alone it ran fine. But when it's cruising around at 11.5-12.1 afr I knew I could improve upon it. It took work but I got it there. Runs good, it's clean, and the mileage is a bonus!

It's easy to tune for wot, its drivability that takes some work

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back