• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rapid Transit System Cuda FOUND After 45 Years!!

66ChargerHI-PO

Local time
7:53 AM
Reaction score
This just popped up on my YouTube suggestions. The video says it was found after 45 years sitting in a garage since about 1976 with only 967 miles and the original wheelie bars and display sign. There is also an interview with Chuck Miller himself who design the car. I really hope this car will get out and get to some major shows this year. I hope you enjoy the video like I did......

It's for sale at Mecum Auction too...

Great video, thanks for sharing. During the interview (which in itself is pretty fascinating) with Mr. Miller,
he gives props to the actual designers of not only the Mopars he built, but the Hurst Olds and the SC/Rambler
as well. He didn't design the cars but he was tasked with bringing those design drawings to life.
Pretty amazing stuff, glad he's still with us to tell the tales.

Unlike many of the members here, I LOVE the E-body Cuda and think it's one of the sweetest cars of all time.
But that thing made me throw up in my mouth a little bit....the dope must've been extra potent the day they put that monstrosity together!

Unlike many of the members here, I LOVE the E-body Cuda and think it's one of the sweetest cars of all time.
But that thing made me throw up in my mouth a little bit....the dope must've been extra potent the day they put that monstrosity together!
'71 Cuda is an all-time favorite for sure for me - agree that this design exercise might be a tad tacky, though.
Not taking away anything about the coolness of the program that made it possible, though - or sullying the
fact of this cars' story, either.
I mean, how cool is all this?

I too enjoyed the interview with Chuck Miller portion of the video, very informative.

I would like to see more pictures of it in the garage where found and the complete back story.

I really like the story though I could do without the drama.

It's listed on Mecum's website, no reserve:

1970 Plymouth Cuda 440 Rapid Transit Show Car | R581.1 | Indy 2023 | Mecum Auctions

The 70 Road Runner is my personal favorite of the RTS Cars.

Last edited:
That would cost soo much to put back to stock.. probably worth it in the end though

In the 60s and 70s wild custom cars were all the rage,with customizers trying to out do each other with over the top builds,and wild multi colored pearls and metal flake paint jobs. I loved those cars,and appreciate the work that went into the builds. They are so much cooler than the cars seen at car shows today with date coded voltage regulators,and 100 cars at MCCAN with dork dish hubcaps on them!

I too love the 70's customs. I have a 70's custom survivor, it's mild compared to the RTS cars :) Painted in 1971:

IMG_0464.JPG

I too love the 70's customs. I have a 70's custom survivor, it's mild compared to the RTS cars :) Painted in 1971:

View attachment 1452537
Your car is cool! There was a similar looking purple Cuda out of Rhode Island called the Crazed Cuda that was a V code 440 Six barrel car with the shaker hood. People personalized their muscle cars back in the day! I miss those days!

Your car is cool! There was a similar looking purple Cuda out of Rhode Island called the Crazed Cuda that was a V code 440 Six barrel car with the shaker hood. People personalized their muscle cars back in the day! I miss those days!
You still can.

The RTS Cuda was found at least 20 years ago. Just not spoken of.
Guessing Everyone kept it a secret in hopes to buy it one day

That would cost soo much to put back to stock.. probably worth it in the end though

Why would you destroy a piece of Mopar history by restoring it to stock, and ruining the history of this very important car? That would be the height of ignorance! Take a unique car and restore it back to what every other 'Cuda looked like in the day?

Why would you destroy a piece of Mopar history by restoring it to stock, and ruining the history of this very important car? That would be the height of ignorance! Take a unique car and restore it back to what every other 'Cuda looked like in the day?
well.. the post was a light-hearted joke.. mostly.. to me the car is hideous and isn't important... it was completely fogotten bout for 40 years..

Auto Transport Service
Back