• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rare parts you recently found that you have been looking for.

QuickBpBp

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:28 AM
Reaction score
After many years of looking for just the taillight bezel without any success. I found and just got this perfect NOS taillight assembly for one of my Road Runners. I had a pair of nos ones already for RR but the one had some shelf wear on the bezel and actually had a different paint pattern. This one matches the other perfectly. Now I have a Pair of Nos Silver Satellite taillight assemblies and a Nos single and a pair of Nos RR taillights and a Nos single. So what have you guys found that you have been searching for recently?

DSCN3656.JPG DSCN3657.JPG

Congratulations on the score, not an easy piece to find. I recently picked up a nos vintage series Fram air filter for my '70 GTX, I got it from a member here.

Congratulations on the score, not an easy piece to find. I recently picked up a nos vintage series Fram air filter for my '70 GTX, I got it from a member here. Of course, the search never seems to be over, I'm still looking for an nos grill for the car, a nos right parking light housing, a nos left reverse light housing, well, you get the idea, the search is always on.
I had the reverse light housing Nos and sold it at Carlisle this past summer. They are out there!

Found the correct part numbered distributor after 4 years...even dated coded correctly. Thanks to Halifaxhops.

Hey fellas, this is not a sale thread. Don't spoil it for the original poster. Not going to babysit this thread. Sorry

A lot of years ago I found the across the back NOS trim piece for a 70 Challenger at a dealership!! This was in 85 and most dealerships don't carry stock after 10 years from what I hear. It was the piece that covers the part that's usually painted and goes between the trunk lid and the tail lights and also has the chrome trims that go on the ends of the quarter panels made into it. Thing is it didn't fit the car I bought it for but it did fit my rag top.....but didn't want to use it on that car so I sold it. The rag top needed to be restored but the other Challenger was very nice and I was the 2nd owner of it....and neither car had been wrecked but were built at different locations. Go figure. That was my first foray into Mon's cars weren't always built the same.

I cant say I was looking for it long. But previous owner had been looking for one for the better part of 20 years.

I found an nos one in under 6 months of ownership. But was NOT cheap

Hood ornament 1966 Hemi Plymouth

NOS-426.jpg

Been looking for not pitted deck lid trim for my ‘67 Charger.

And a set a Holley 660’s that isn’t either trashed or an insane eBay price.
Have you started a wanted thread? This thread is telling about finds not listing parts you want. Sorry.

Last year, I bought a NOS Cruise Control package for a 1975 A Body-the only year it was available in an A Body. Sorry, no pics.

Some guy named Brett sold me an NOS drivers side rear trim piece and a front fender Dodge script for my '64 440
1964dodge440part4 086.JPG
1964dodge440part4 089.JPG

Not too hard to find, but just some Needful Things I found at the swap meet this morning
02A894F4-C26A-41D3-B99C-FA10E6CCB385.jpeg

Well, went up in my attic a couple days ago to dig out a set of traction bars to show my son, and found a Rallye dash assembly for an A-body that I didn't know I even had. Going to clean it up and stick it in a '72 Scamp we are putting together for oldest son. It's funny because we have been discussing dash options for last few weeks.

Well, went up in my attic a couple days ago to dig out a set of traction bars to show my son, and found a Rallye dash assembly for an A-body that I didn't know I even had. Going to clean it up and stick it in a '72 Scamp we are putting together for oldest son. It's funny because we have been discussing dash options for last few weeks.
Been there and done that when opening up boxes from 20 years ago when I moved.. It's always best when you find rare stuff that even you didn't know you had!!

Yes, no doubt ! I am going to head back up next weekend and look for more goodies

So, I bought my '72 Satellite wagon in...'92? '93? College days. Those who don't know, the fuel tank is a suitcase-style, in the driver quarter panel between the wheel and back bumper. In other words - every burnout, every stone kicked up, every piece of debris...plinks off the bottom of the tank.

Brilliant design.

But, since the cars had a floorpan that would accomodate a third row seat...the center-mounted tank was a no-go.

Needless to say, through college (and after), the bottom of that tank became very closely acquainted with tubes of JB Weld. It would go on, covered with copious amounts of undercoating...hold for a couple years....fall off....get replaced....and so on. Finally, a few years back...the holes covered more space than the metal did, and so began the search. None of the repop companies make anything for wagons. None. Every junkyard tank I found....was worse than mine. I have a buddy who welds, and he's won the GRM Challenge a couple times...but even he didn't want to make a fuel tank (liability...and sorrow if he ended up cooking his college roommate because his tank blew in an accident!). So...I'd nearly given up and started measuring for a fuel cell that I could put where the 3rd row would be if the car was a 3 row car...when I found a NOS tank online. Not a replacement tank....a NEW tank, wrapped, still had the factory plastic caps on the openings.

Talk about "unobtanium"....

I won't get into how much I paid for it....but I got it!!!

I need to figure a shield for the bottom, that doesn't collect crap and cause the quarter to rust from the inside...and decide if I want to drill the bottom rear corner for a fuel pickup, to combat hard-launch slosh. We'll see.

Auto Transport Service
Back