• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rarest Gremlin heads to auction

69a100

Local time
8:53 PM
Reaction score
This 1974 AMC Gremlin 401-XR is coming up for auction on bringatrailer.com, and it just might be the collector car buy of the century. Hiding under its unquiet pink exterior (yes, we know it’s Plum Metallic) lies the soul of a beast: 401 cubic inches of the finest muscle Kenosha, Wisconsin ever had on offer.
It's a Mopar! So, what do you guys think it will hammer for? The rest of the story.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/cla...-headed-to-auction/ar-AAwi2u3?ocid=spartandhp

For less than the reserve.
:rolleyes:

This 1974 AMC Gremlin 401-XR is coming up for auction on bringatrailer.com, and it just might be the collector car buy of the century. Hiding under its unquiet pink exterior (yes, we know it’s Plum Metallic) lies the soul of a beast: 401 cubic inches of the finest muscle Kenosha, Wisconsin ever had on offer.
It's a Mopar! So, what do you guys think it will hammer for? The rest of the story.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/cla...-headed-to-auction/ar-AAwi2u3?ocid=spartandhp

Even though AMC folded, AMC & Ramblers are accepted as Mopars because of the AMC Jeep line. Just sayin
Chrysler bought out AMC in 1987. That doesn't mean every Nash and Hudson are now Mopars, too, does it? My God, man, what about Kelvinator? Where does it end, or does it?

Wasn't it in 87 that ChryCo bought AMC? Heck, the 4.0 engine in the Jeep was very popular and ChryCo decided to keep it even though other AMC engines were pretty good and for example, the 304 over lapped the 318 so it got dropped.....

upload_2018-4-24_18-44-57.jpeg

gimme a grimme!! A girl friend had a 304 powered Gremlin and that little bastid was pretty fun! She had a personalize plate with PF-FLYR on it. Too bad she didn't really like me much because she was for sure a car gal....

No No its NOT a Mopar....
It does seem funny to see the Gremlins, Javelins, jeeps etc. at Chryslers at Carlisle. Adopted in to the family, married in to the family, whatever. But NOT BLOOD. Go back far enough and you see Chrysler adopted Dodge in kind of a way.

Last edited:
Ad say it was built 4 years ago, not in the 72-74 era. Deal of the century if so there a bridge in NY I can sell you, cheap.

Does this make all Fiats mopars now?

I owned a 72 Gremlin 304 3 spd on the floors.. what a fun car till it started breaking..

It's a tribute and needs to be labeled as such.
It's the same as somebody taking a 318 Satty swapping a Hemi and rear end with badges and trying to sell it as a Hemi-GTX.
Certainly does look like fun, but I'm going out on a limb and guessing the seller is a bit disappointed.

AMC accepted as Mopars by who? LOL. My Dad who bought a Super Bee new in 69 told me only F**kin nerds bought AMC's in the 60s and 70's. Don't get me wrong they made a few very few cool cars. I would give my left nut for a Rebel Machine. Have any of you ever been to the AMC nats? Posted at the front gate '' NO MOPARS ALLOWED..... But AMC"s are welcome at the Mopar Nats...

I got one of them there American Motors cars,it is a 69 AMX 390 4 speed cars. It is my only non Mopar.

Auto Transport Service
Back