• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rattle can engine paint for a 67 ??????

gtx6970

Local time
3:35 AM
Reaction score
Whats the best rattle can paint for a 1967 B/RB engine. And is it more green or more blue.?
I need to do some touchups on the coronet.
I have some Duplicolor Chrysler green ( DE1619 ) and its definitely more towards a blue than it is green . The color on the engine has a much more green tint to it

Does it need to be rattle can? I highly recommend Bill Hirsch engine paints if you're open to brushing it on...the finish is excellent!

Machine Shop Dave always has MOPAR engine paint. Not sure how close the current Chrysler paint is to correct. Kylie is stopping by tomorrow

Before Herbs sold to Obsolete Auto, he had a good match for the correct turquoise engine paint in a rattle can. Try Obsolete Auto and see if they are still carrying it.

Bill Hirsch Turquoise - Aerosol

DE266C44-7D63-4F25-9F98-77797FD80D5D.jpeg

I’ve noticed that some of the paints, and I think the Mopar labeled spray cans is one, initially dry with a bluish tinge but after a few heat cycles turns to a greenish hue.

After some offline advice from a few people I know and trust.

I went with Detroit Diesel green as Im told its as close as any rattle can paint out there to what it was originally

20220410_112830_resized.jpg 20220410_112331_resized.jpg 20220410_132604_resized.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back