• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ratty 69 Charger 4 speed question

Thomas Martin

Local time
7:34 PM
Reaction score
In need of some wisdom here guys, I have a 69 Charger that I'm wanting to put a 4 speed setup in. I found a local guy who has a mostly complete 4 speed setup including:
4 spd pedals
BB Bellhousing
BB Flywheel
A833 4 speed (Abody cuda)
489 sure grip
The problem is all of these parts came out of a A body cuda. He said he paid $750 for the whole setup 5 years ago.
The question is can this setup be converted to work with my b body charger and how.

Screenshot_20190708-135737.png

For starters the rear end will be narrower and the tailshaft of the transmission will be different (shorter with different mounts). These things can probably be worked around, though. I think you can fix the rear end alignment by getting wider wheels (the rear end is 3 inches shorter than your current one I believe) or using spacers, which is usually frowned upon. You'll also have to get the perches moved. Do you know what year barracuda the parts came from?

Last edited:
Its a 489 case. So if you already have a 8.75 rearend then that will bolt right in. The pedal assembly not sure about. But the carrier will work just fine. slide your axles out, pull the carrier and replace with your 489 and sure grip.

I dont think the pedals or the transmission from an A-body will work in a B.

Appreciate all the input guys, he never said what year the cuda it all came out of. I do have a 8 3/4 housing and axles but no pumpkin so I'll try and pick up that and the Bellhousing and be in search of a set of b body 4 spd pedals and b body A833

Put your province in your location profile. It will improve any reply if responder knows if you are in Yellowknife or Montreal or Surrey

Auto Transport Service
Back