• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RB valley pan/ plate recommendation

Moms68

Local time
10:50 AM
Reaction score
For a fresh 440 .030 over with pro source aluminum heads and Edelbrock Performer RPM intake. Other than the Felpro 1215 what other options should be considered?

The rpm has the exhaust crossover that sits down in the pan so you're quite limited.
Source makes one, but the reviews are poor.

If the factory ones fits why not use it?

i've made those valley pans before and to do them correctly is time consuming. i use the fel-pro gasket on both my cars without issue (iron head and alum head) but have found that the real issue is making mocking everything up and doing what's necessary for a good fit. if you'll take the time to do that you won't have problem with the fel-pro. i also use the permatex ultra gray. it seems to be much more resistant to gas/alcohol.

If you "want" to go w a valley plate w that intake, you can machine/grinder/cut off wheel the heat crossover off of it.

Auto Transport Service
Back