• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Re"build Dates?

Charger21

Local time
3:08 AM
Reaction score
Gang,

My father told me that the A-12 cars rolled off the line as if I recall correctly 383 cars and the engines were pulled and replaced later at some third party. If I recall this happened on 2 days in 1969. Does anyone have information on that story? What they had in them, where they went, when they were "Re"built, etc.?

Also how do I find the date that his rolled off the line, and when it was "Re"built as an A-12?

Thanks!

Tons of reading on the specifics of the births of the A12 cars out there.
Google is your friend; dig in there and do your homework.

Generally speaking, if the 5th digit on the VIN is "M", that's an A12 car.
Yes, they started as 383 cars and will have "E63" on the fender tag indicating such
(the broadcast sheet will also indicate 383).

So they have E63 on the tag but an M code VIN?

So they have E63 on the tag but an M code VIN?

Yes. They also code the typical 925/926 engine assembly code for the 383-4.
69_WM21_A12_D21_B5_301753_LR.jpg

My father told me that the A-12 cars rolled off the line as if I recall correctly 383 cars and the engines were pulled and replaced later at some third party.

The correct statement is they were coded as 383 Super Bees and the A12 option inserted the 440 six pack. The engines were not pulled and replaced, they were just another car coming down the assembly line.

If I recall this happened on 2 days in 1969.

All A12 cars have one of two dates on the tag in the SPD slot, 329 or 426. These are both Saturdays and it is unlikely any A12 cars were built on these dates. To the best of our knowledge, these two days were program hold dates, nothing more.

Also how do I find the date that his rolled off the line.

There is currently only one known accurate method of determining this. Chrysler invoiced the dealer on the day a car was built. Very few of these documents exist. A12 cars were produced from March 10 - July 11 1969 during normal production. Nothing special about their assembly on the line.

We can make an accurate guess based upon other cars produced at Lynch Road by comparing the body in white numbers on the fender tag. If you post or PM the tag for your father's A12, we can decode it and dial in a scheduled production date (SPD) with the databases existing within the hobby.

I recommend you do some reading at the A12 Forum and A12 Registry. Lots of information over there. Teaser below...

http://sixpacksixbbl.homestead.com/index.html
http://a12mopar.com/yabb/YaBB.pl

D

69cars1_a.jpg
69cars2_a.jpg
69cars3_a.jpg
69cars4_a.jpg

A big thanks to all of you for your help!

The correct statement is they were coded as 383 Super Bees and the A12 option inserted the 440 six pack. The engines were not pulled and replaced, they were just another car coming down the assembly line.

All A12 cars have one of two dates on the tag in the SPD slot, 329 or 426. These are both Saturdays and it is unlikely any A12 cars were built on these dates. To the best of our knowledge, these two days were program hold dates, nothing more.

There is currently only one known accurate method of determining this. Chrysler invoiced the dealer on the day a car was built. Very few of these documents exist. A12 cars were produced from March 10 - July 11 1969 during normal production. Nothing special about their assembly on the line.

We can make an accurate guess based upon other cars produced at Lynch Road by comparing the body in white numbers on the fender tag. If you post or PM the tag for your father's A12, we can decode it and dial in a scheduled production date (SPD) with the databases existing within the hobby.

I recommend you do some reading at the A12 Forum and A12 Registry. Lots of information over there. Teaser below...

http://sixpacksixbbl.homestead.com/index.html
http://a12mopar.com/yabb/YaBB.pl

D

View attachment 818931 View attachment 818932 View attachment 818933 View attachment 818934
:thumbsup: :lowdown:A12 knowledge

Auto Transport Service
Back