• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

re chrome

William

Local time
7:57 AM
Reaction score
Anybody know how much to re chrome my bumpers off a 72 satellite if I get them to bare metal?

Look around your area for chrome shops also check with a dealership or body shop in your area ask them who they use or reccomend and call them first before taking the chrome off alot of then like dechroming the stuff that they do

Don't need to take them down to bare metal.
I would suggest looking your local yellow pages.
Save on shipping and supports your local business.
I had my bumpers repaired and rechromed here in fOKC or $360 apiece.

rearbumper.jpg
[/IMG]

frontbumper2.jpg
[/IMG]

Chrome

Anybody know how much to re chrome my bumpers off a 72 satellite if I get them to bare metal?

Best not to strip the old chrome.... Let the platers do it. It's part of the process and you can cause serious damage.

I have just sent my 69 Chrysler 300 front bumper and a few pot metal parts to Ogden Chrome in Ogden Utah. They do beautiful show quality plating at competitive pricing and ....BEST OF ALL... They pay the shipping both ways.

Google OGDEN CHROME for their website, ask for Charlie, tell him Will in Alabama sent ya...!!!

When I lived in the Detroit area, everybody took their stuff across the river to Windsor.
Don't try to remove the chrome. The plater will do it through an electrolysis process and will reclaim the chrome, nickel and copper.

Blue, when did you send off your bumpers? I just stopped by there a week ago and they just upped thier pricing after the first of the year. I knew I should have had them do my front and rear at the same time. Anyway I can concur Ogden Chrome are great.

Ogden chrome

Blue, when did you send off your bumpers? I just stopped by there a week ago and they just upped thier pricing after the first of the year. I knew I should have had them do my front and rear at the same time. Anyway I can concur Ogden Chrome are great.

I sent them abour 3 weeks ago, should be ready soon.
Charlie quoted them last December and when I sent the parts the price had been increased.... But he honored his previous quote.

Tri City plating in Tenn is who I have always used in the past.... They do great work, never had a problem and pricing is close to what Ogden quoted... The kicker is the shipping cost. Over $200.00 both ways to tenn. Ogden Chrome pays for shipping both ways via Fed-Ex and they pick up the parts at my front door.
I sent some pot metal parts to be quoted.... Charlie said he'd pay shipping both ways weather I had the plating done or not.
I love the service.

Just sent them and email to see what they will charge to rechrome the bumpers on the doba. Have a quote from a place here in texas for 400/500 each, but I also have to ship them.

Auto Transport Service
Back