• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE Re: Fender tags being bought!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoCharger

Local time
2:44 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking for the guys who have been buying fender tags! wondering if you have a 68 charger fender tag? or possibly mine since the guy i bought mine from said he sold the fender tag! willing to pay for the right one. I have a 1968 Charger 383 4 barrel car with original color Burgundy with black vinyl top and black interior with bucket seats and center console shift ,hardtop. car is from Michigan plant. I can give you Vin# if that helps! thanks!

P.S if anybody knows where i could be a reproduction one would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again!

google mmc detroit they are legit and you will need your owner ship paper work for them to make you one and it will be just like the original.

google mmc detroit they are legit and you will need your owner ship paper work for them to make you one and it will be just like the original.

legit fake tags.. thats a new one! lol

once the original cannot be copied
you are sol
because all you have is someone's guess!

Looking for the guys who have been buying fender tags! wondering if you have a 68 charger fender tag? or possibly mine since the guy i bought mine from said he sold the fender tag! willing to pay for the right one. I have a 1968 Charger 383 4 barrel car with original color Burgundy with black vinyl top and black interior with bucket seats and center console shift ,hardtop. car is from Michigan plant. I can give you Vin# if that helps! thanks!

P.S if anybody knows where i could be a reproduction one would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again!

The VIN won't help tie the tag to the car as the VIN isn't on a 68 tag. People will need to know the SO number to match the tag to the body.

they are a legit company,no that is a old one people will always get tags made for different reasons.
legit fake tags.. thats a new one! lol

once the original cannot be copied
you are sol
because all you have is someone's guess!

Thanks for the reply guys! I do have the title, and build sheet, thank god! found a company that does them. it will cost me around $200.00! yikes! I wish people would stop selling the fender tags off these cars. But with the build sheet, it was easy to code the car again! these guys i found were out of Colorado and knew their stuff! I had to send a copy of the title,build sheet and pictures of certain stamps on the car as well as pics of the entire car inside and out. Luckily i am the second owner of the car and the original owner gave me pics of the car from 1970 WHICH HELPED A LOT! She still had the purchase paperwork when she originally bought it in 1969.

Thanks for the reply guys! I do have the title, and build sheet, thank god! found a company that does them. it will cost me around $200.00! yikes! I wish people would stop selling the fender tags off these cars. But with the build sheet, it was easy to code the car again! these guys i found were out of Colorado and knew their stuff! I had to send a copy of the title,build sheet and pictures of certain stamps on the car as well as pics of the entire car inside and out. Luckily i am the second owner of the car and the original owner gave me pics of the car from 1970 WHICH HELPED A LOT! She still had the purchase paperwork when she originally bought it in 1969.

You do understand that the YIKES may be even worse when the fender tag you receive is improperly coded don't you? You will have spent good money for a bad product.

Yes, they can make a tag but there is no guarantee the one they make is correct/accurate.

The boards are littered with bad reproduction tags. Here's a new one: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,121717.msg1512870/topicseen.html#new

I wish you well but history tells me you should be prepared for an inaccurate product.

I'm curious why someone would sell the tag from a car they currently owned, why someone would buy that tag and why people buy fender tags in the first place?

Thanks again!

because Scams.
its easy to sell a 318 car as a big block car if you have a tag saying its a big block car.
id wager over 50% of buyers have no idea how-to check bodies for numbers/suspension clues,and so forth to determine the real identity.

example,440 charger,rt badges,stripe,looks great until i looked under the car and saw the original factory tiny light duty rear.:pottytrain5:

I believe it, i recently had a guy try to pass off a broadcast sheet that wasn't for the car he was selling and a supposedly date coded motor that was 2 years off.
as a matter of fact the car is on ebay for the 3rd time right now.

because Scams.
its easy to sell a 318 car as a big block car if you have a tag saying its a big block car.
id wager over 50% of buyers have no idea how-to check bodies for numbers/suspension clues,and so forth to determine the real identity.

example,440 charger,rt badges,stripe,looks great until i looked under the car and saw the original factory tiny light duty rear.:pottytrain5:

Thanks for the input! i have put a hold on making the tag till i can confirm one way from another. either way i dont plan on ever selling the car so the tag is not that important to me, just would like to have it!

Thanks for the link!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back