• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Re-Inventing the WheelBarrow

Pops1967GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:14 AM
Reaction score
I recently was working with a wheelbarrow. Doing a little yard work and with age it's getting hard to handle.

6828b5ccc9818e0e0ca6b4c62cd34cf9.jpg

I just converted mine to a dual wheel design.

MUCH more stable and much easier to handle.

The axle was already long enough (because I had to supply that to fix the plastic tub wheelbarrow I found in the dumpster).
All I had to do was install bearing stops to keep the sidewall from rubbing the handle ends and install axle caps (or pins forget which).

In 1974 James Dyson (Dyson Vacuum Cleaners) created his first invention.. The Ball Barrow... It's a much smarter design, the ball spreads the load, it will goes easily through grass, mud, rocks & dirt without tipping easily, it tends to float over stuff rather than bog down... When you want to dump the load it is easily controlled, it doesn't just start to tip & become unstable...

I've always thought it made allot of sense....
Screen Shot 2020-06-27 at 6.10.55 PM.png

Don't even remember why I said.....I dunno lol. Too early in the day to have been drunk not that I get that way :D

Auto Transport Service
Back