• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ready to Jump In

ksurfer2

Local time
2:54 PM
Reaction score
I have my eye on a couple of 69 Road Runner A-12 replicas. Growing up this was always my favorite car. Currently driving a blown c6 corvette that is putting down 700hp to the wheels. Fun car, scary fast, but just not what I want anymore. I'm ready to go old school! Both of the cars I am looking at now are running 383's with 4 speed manuals. Is it worth it to keep looking for one with a 440 six pack set up? Not looking for anything authentic and numbers matching. I want a car I can enjoy on the street and occasionally take to the track. My budget for the car is $50k.

I would hold out for a 440, but I tend to be HP junky. I think you should be able to get a nice one for your budget.
IMG_20160326_171816.jpg

I have my eye on a couple of 69 Road Runner A-12 replicas. Growing up this was always my favorite car. Currently driving a blown c6 corvette that is putting down 700hp to the wheels. Fun car, scary fast, but just not what I want anymore. I'm ready to go old school! Both of the cars I am looking at now are running 383's with 4 speed manuals. Is it worth it to keep looking for one with a 440 six pack set up? Not looking for anything authentic and numbers matching. I want a car I can enjoy on the street and occasionally take to the track. My budget for the car is $50k.

Hi and welcome aboard!
Hmm, Real A12 cars (all started out as 383 cars BTW) are very pricey
Now, on that note: there is always a "V-code" Roadrunner available.
V-codes are 6-BBL cars.
V-Codes were produced from 1970 to 1971 (3 exist from 1972, two Chargers and one Plymouth GTX/Roadrunner BUT they are super RARE an price would be unobtainable)
V-Code cars are affordable.
Possibly for mid $50K

I'd be happy with a nice sweet little 383!
Then, slowly BUILD a 440 6-BBL setup for the 440
Slow and easy.
Remember what our highly esteemed Forum member Budnicks always says: "Fill your library BEFORE you Fill you garage"

Hi and welcome aboard!
Hmm, Real A12 cars (all started out as 383 cars BTW) are very pricey
Now, on that note: there is always a "V-code" Roadrunner available.
V-codes are 6-BBL cars.
V-Codes were produced from 1970 to 1971 (3 exist from 1972, two Chargers and one Plymouth GTX/Roadrunner BUT they are super RARE an price would be unobtainable)
V-Code cars are affordable.
Possibly for mid $50K

I'd be happy with a nice sweet little 383!
Then, slowly BUILD a 440 6-BBL setup for the 440
Slow and easy.
Remember what our highly esteemed Forum member Budnicks always says: "Fill your library BEFORE you Fill you garage"
Very true words about filling the library first. Before I built my vette, I did A LOT of homework. I now have an insanely powerful car that is a hoot to drive and very reliable to boot. Plenty of homework will be done before I make the move to the Road Runner....that is why I am here now!

Thanks a bunch for your input and knowledge!!!

Welcomefrom Canada, I'd find a nice solid 383 car for 30ish and spend the rest on making it track worthy.It wouldn't brake your heart if you broke it, if it was real it would

Welcome to FBBO - I’d do just what you’re trying to do and find a 440 six pack clone. When you have a decent budget why go,thru all the work of building and swapping and all that stuff. Unless of course you want to.

CHECK THIS B-Body Forum Post out!

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/1969-roadrunner-440-six-pack.138452/
I have a 440 6 pack car, although it was originally a 383 car. F/G hood, 3.91 gears, auto, console, bucket seats, orange and black. Near new 6 pack intake and carbs. Great condition. Performer RPM heads, new Patriot headers, new Lunati Voodoo roller cam and Crane Gold rocker arms. This car is FAST, and runs great! Some fading of paint on top areas. Message me for more details. Asking $27,500. Gary
20150806_133459_resized_2-jpeg.jpg

Welcome from NW CT. I'm a big 6 pack/bbl fan!

If you want a nice streetable car with plenty of power, look into the 3rd gen hemi swaps. Stock look on the outside of the car, but modern ignition and EFI underneath the hood.

I love the 69.5 A12's clone or real...

Welcome to FBBO From warm & sunny NorCal Sierra's

My car is a bit of a "best of" 68-69-70,
a real 68 RR & a stroker #'s matching 383/479ci 6bbl 727tf,
with a A12 lift off hood...
Quite a few other mods, a total day 2 type build, never ending :realcrazy:
I want/did it to handle & drive, perform a shitload better
than any 68-69-70 ever did...
Still keep the vibe of an early 70's type build...

If a clone is what you desire go for it,
done nice unless they read the VIN & Fender tag as you fly by
nobody will know the difference... :)

good luck with the search & future build

Auto Transport Service
Back