• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Real men have colonoscopies...

Al K

Local time
5:29 AM
Reaction score
:director:...And I can assure you guys that I'm NOT full of ****. At least not today. However,there was scar tissue indicating that I have had my head up my *** in the past. That has resulted in pain. Don't like that. Try not to do that anymore.

Yes;got a back a while ago from having that wondrous procedure. Found one polyp,awaiting results on that. Only one,but none would have been better. Otherwise,the plumbing checked out.

Why do I bring this up? Cuz,at age 56+,I needed one. I've also lost a couple of friends and acquaintances to colon cancer. Nasty f@#$ing way to go. I'd recommend falling down and hitting your head after a drunken night in a brothel instead. But,we don't always get offered that option. So my brethren;get yourselves checked! Please!

I also picked up a nasty-*** cold/sinus infection that'll keep me here buggin' you cats,rather than working in the garage,where the polishing of my 6-Pak rods has commenced. We'll try again tomorrow.

Al-K I hate that procedure too, the day before on the shitter is bad enough, let alone the **** probe, but after 50 you should have it done somewhat on a regular basis, I just got over a nasty Head & chest cold, mostly sinus ****... I can relate, I had the flu/cold **** for over 2 weeks, I got it from the germ carrier known as my Pops, he brings this **** home, from his SIR's {Sons In Retirement} club meetings all the time, it's as bad as having the damn kids around again & they both have to wear freaken' diapers...LOL...

Thanks for posting this AL K
I had mine last spring....

Colon cancer IS a silent killer

I've had two so far and other than the fasting it's no big deal. My first one at 50 the doctor made me fast for two days - that was tough. The last time only had to fast for one day. He knocks me right out so the worse part of the procedure is getting the IV started...
I've also seen the first hand effects of colon cancer in my family - it is definitely best to get the checks done routinely..

It's supposedly one of the most curable/treatable cancers too...

- - - Updated - - -

early detection is everything

It's been 6 years since my first one and had 2 polyps back then but were benign. Colon cancer doesn't run in my family but I need to do another and I agree, the clean out sucks. Problem is, the older you get, the more getting 'put down' hurts you. My wife is real touchy on meds and we told them that but they used the normal dose to put her to sleep anyways and we had hell waking her up again. Both of us were pissed and she said she would never do that again. The docs don't want you to wake up during the procedure but damn....it's like we don't know after all these years what we're talking about and don't listen. It's no wonder there's so many lawsuits against them.

I was adopted,so have nada in the "medical history" department-that sucks. This was my first procedure,and though I have no problems with needles,they screwed up the IVs as well. I was not pleased. A nurse commented "Oh;you're afraid of needles...". I said nothing,reached over and pulled up the sleeve to reveal the large tattoo on my right upper arm. Then reached over and pulled the left sleeve up to reveal an equally large piece of ink. No "...fear of needles..." comments after that. Nurse was hot:love10:,but kinda bitchy. Probably just needed a good spanking...:tied up:

54 and haven't been there or done that. No health insurance currently so don't see one in the near future either. Found on the steps of a hospital as a baby so no family history either.

I can't decide what's more fun, a colonoscopy or a prostate biopsy. I'll vote colonoscopy, at least they give you the happy pills.:icon_eyes:

get checked

i at age 41 got checked and found out that i had colon cancer. had surgery and went thru 8 months of chemo. still have it but will not let it win. i am determined to get rid of this. get checked its worth it. god bless everyone, dont want no one to go through what i have done. usaroadrunner

I've had 2 already and can't complain too much. Clean out never works for me so I need the enemas also. The best part is the waking up (or not) and talking stupid for a while. Actually , not much different from my normal.

- - - Updated - - -

USA, keep up the fight. We're all here pullin' for ya too. Good luck.

My dad is Colon cancer survivor.. Cancer runs in my family. So I have had a few done....The nite before, drinking that stuff is a pain in the ***....

i at age 41 got checked and found out that i had colon cancer. had surgery and went thru 8 months of chemo. still have it but will not let it win. i am determined to get rid of this. get checked its worth it. god bless everyone, dont want no one to go through what i have done. usaroadrunner

Keep up the good fight, God speed & great health to ya fellow MOPAR Brethren, You have a great outlook, stay strong...

they found a 15mm polyp in me last year..went to hospital a week later and had 18" of my colon removed

worst 6 days of my life

Bryan

Reminds me of Jack Nickelson in The Bucket list.
"Somewhere some lucky basturd is having a heart attack".

Not me. 59. They can nick you too. Then you can spend the rest of your life looking for a shithouse like my uncle did. That is why it is called the "practice of medicine. I will eat bran and hope for the best.

Auto Transport Service
Back