• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Real truth about interior package tray molding!

SPAULDO

Local time
9:10 AM
Reaction score
Absolute garbage once again! Wrong / reverse package tray to molding inserts! Hope you didn’t throw your old molding away!! People, please call this garbage out. American Muscle does not need this worthless $hit!!

Absolute garbage once again! Wrong / reverse package tray to molding inserts! Hope you didn’t throw your old molding away!! People, please call this garbage out. American Muscle does not need this worthless $hit!!
What is great is when a FBBO member starts a thread and goes into great detail about a problem that he or she has had.
What is NOT great is the post above.

the molding that is stapled to the back side of your package tray. The repops are junk, wish I could remember where I purchased it? It is molded the wrong way. They designed it to attach onto pinch weld not the package tray

I have a repop - I think I got from Laysons. Ok, its not the same material as original - plastic instead of rubber - but its a decent piece if you have nothing!

My old one cleaned up pretty well and I was able to staple it onto the new package tray.Learned to never throw anything away!

Maybe learn a NEW lesson...
When posting a thread, consider going into greater detail about your topic. Pictures, part numbers, the car you're working on and the place you bought the part.
If I posted about having trouble with a dash pad but left out all the pertinent information, I'd be equally wrong.
People here can be very helpful. They aren't going to be if they have to interrogate you for information to help YOU.

If you take the time to read my restoration thread it will ALL be explained to you.... Some Coronets got the attached to pinch weld trim... some got the better Plymouth style that attaches to the tray...

Auto Transport Service
Back