• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Really in need of driver side lower jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Propwash

Local time
5:34 AM
Reaction score
Might be shooting in the dark here guys, but figured why not toss it out there..

I'm in need of a section of lower driver side jam for my 69' Roadrunner. As you can see mine is pretty rotton and I don't want to fork out 200-300 bucks for a new one for such a small area. I could fabricate, but with the curve and bow, would be a heck of a lot more time consuming that cutting and patching back in...

Thanks for your time and thanks FBBO for the add..

jam.jpg

Mine was like that too, I was able to find some oem jambs that I was able to get those small patches from and they weren't perfect. Try an advanced search on Ebay, you never know what you might find in somebodies Ebay store. I'll keep my eyes open.

Thanks for the tip Matt. I got plenty of time to surf for this stuff...LOL. The passenger side I was able to salvage by fabing in some fresh metal, but this side the metal is either (A) Gone or (B) Paper thin in that area and obviously pretty much the section in the red box would need to be fabricated.... Now where did I leave that silly english wheel laying around at..............?

I have all four pillar posts for a 70 B Body. Should be the same. $150 for all four or $50 ea (i'm thinking harder to sell individually) plus freight.
e-mail me at [email protected]

I'd hate to take just one off your hands Darius, like you said, harder to sell individually. I would try to sell them in pairs as well...... Thanks for the offer though and thanks for taking the time to reply.

Is a 67 B the same? I'm parting a 67 Coronet that's in pretty decent shape as far as rust goes....

Hey Prop, I just finished cutting up a 68 Satellite for the rockers for my Roadrunner. I do have the drivers door B pillar, however I need to see where i cut it. I forget if I removed it by the spot welds or if i cut it off at the rocker. Either way I have the piece you need. Let me check and take a pic and see if its the piece you need/want. You name the price plus shipping. I just sent the passenger side to Ohio for $25 shipping.

Here is the pic. I cut it off at the rocker. I do have the jamb itself as well.

Last edited:
Thanks Cranky, but unfortunately 67' is different. I appreciate the offer though

Wingcarenvey,

I'm looking for the little curved area at the bottom of the jam (area in red box)...Hopefully this picture show's it a bit better....Let me know if this is in decent shape on the parts you have..You changing out the rockers yourself?

Thanks guys for your time

jam2.jpg

Yeah that piece is still connected to the rocker. I will try to take some better pics, its at my friends house and I am 40 miles from him.

My runner makes your runner look rust free. I am going to attempt to replace the floors, rockers, inner and outer wheel houses, frame rails (rear), trunk floor and extensions all in one piece. Ya I know. We will see if I can get around to it. I have a lot of stuff to get to before I tear into my daily driver.

Wow...Impressive! Sounds almost like what Matt (detmatt) did with the "Junkyard Dog."
Good luck to ya on your project. Sounds like a good one.

Almost exactly what Matt did. Actually his pics are what brought me to this site. You and him have been inspirational to me. Right now i am doing major panel replacement on my wife Mod Top Satellite.

Yeah that piece is still connected to the rocker. I will try to take some better pics, its at my friends house and I am 40 miles from him.

My runner makes your runner look rust free. I am going to attempt to replace the floors, rockers, inner and outer wheel houses, frame rails (rear), trunk floor and extensions all in one piece. Ya I know. We will see if I can get around to it. I have a lot of stuff to get to before I tear into my daily driver.

There was an article in Mopar Muscle several months ago that did the same thing also. I can look for the issue if you want to know which one it was in.

I appreciate the compliment Wing, i'm glad people are able to grab some inspiration from work done on the old rust bucket of mine.. I myself also gather tons of inspiration from all the great folks on this site...

On another note, I ended up fabing up a replacement piece for that rotted out section of my jam. That area was holding me up on finishing up the rocker install. Just kinda grabed the bull by the horns yesterday, as well as a wooden mallet, body dolly and a couple other small tools and wipped something up. I think it's going to work out just fine. Turned out pretty nice.

Post up some pic's of your work on the wife's ride. Would be great to see!

I think I seen that article as well Don...Was that the one on the 69' Superbee? Cool article!

Take care,

Will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back