• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rear disc brakes

5.7 hemi

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:16 PM
Reaction score
I'm contemplating rear disc's, and was wondering if anyone has done this or any suggestions on what kit to use. Summit has a kit dor around 400 bucks and looks to be just like the ssbc set up.

I know several people that have used the Summit kits on 9" rearends in street rods and have had zero complaints.

BTW: That kit (#SUM-BK1329) is on sale for $401.95 (from $445.95). I may look into it for my '35 Ply coupe.

Beware SSBC Rear Brake kits !!

I used there kit on an 8 3/4 and nothing fit like it should. Had to have the inside of the rotors machined to clear the brackets they supplied and had to have special spacers made to have the calipers centered & square to the rotors

The rear disc should be easily fit able, provided they haven’t changed the swing arm design. Better check with service center mechanics.Its a definitely good marketing strategy. I would not call it a gimmick. This way Apache is the cheapest bike available with two disc brakes.

The rear disc should be easily fit able, provided they haven’t changed the swing arm design. Better check with service center mechanics.Its a definitely good marketing strategy. I would not call it a gimmick. This way Apache is the cheapest bike available with two disc brakes.

...you know we're talking about cars right? Not motorcycles.

Auto Transport Service
Back