• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear drum parts all missing! Help!

TommyShameless1978

Local time
7:30 AM
Reaction score
It would it appear that in the haste my car car was thrown back together before I bought it, they neglected to put the rear brakes back together. It is a 68 Belvedere (now a RR clone). It is a 4 wheel drum car. The fronts are all there, and just need to be rebuilt...the rears, however - all that I found when I pulled the wheels off today was the drums, the backing plates, the wheel cylinders, and the parking brake cable. All of the springs and brackets and self adjusters and god knows what else are all missing. I know you can get some of these parts new, and for not much money at all, but I don't even know what is missing. Anyone have an exploded view of the complete assembly?

Or, better yet, does anyone have a drum equipped rear lying around? Maybe just toss all of the brake parts into a box and sell them to me?

Tommy

Well, I don't need the backing plates or drums or any of that, just all the hardware. I've looked up hardware kits, and it is only springs...do you have a picture of all of the parts? I need to check if I have ten or eleven inchers...do they both use the same hardware? How much would you want for one complete set of hardware?

This is a pic of my 70 Charger. Same setup & it`ll give you an idea ,i hope. Fred

SNOW !! PARTY!!  TRAILERS!! 023.jpg

SNOW !! PARTY!!  TRAILERS!! 027.jpg

SNOW !! PARTY!!  TRAILERS!! 028.jpg

SNOW !! PARTY!!  TRAILERS!! 029.jpg

My car was the same on all four brakes when I got it. Nothing in there, lots missing. It's easy though.

The hardware kits have everything you need with the exception of the pads and the stabilizer plate for the pads (yellow flat peice in the pics above).

Hardware kits have all the springs, pins, cables, push lock washers etc for installing everything.

Try looking for the brand Centric at a place like Auto Parts Warehouse, Rock Auto or your local NAPA.

Now that is really helpful! It dos look like I can get everything I'm missing dirt cheap from Rock Auto, except for that retaining washer at the top, that stabilizer bracket that separates the shoes, and I'm not sure that the shoes come with the parking brake lever. Anyone know if they do?

This is turning out to be tremendously helpful!!!

Another big question...

The car is currently a manual drum car. I plan to bolt on a power booster and master (new from the auto parts store). DO I need any kind of special bracket to mate that to the pedal? I thought I read somewhere that there is a special bracket that the power booster cars have that mine doesn't, and I can't just bolt it on without it. Is that true? Or will it just bolt right on and that's that?

Auto Transport Service
Back