• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear end alignment help

aeon280

Local time
9:40 AM
Reaction score
So I recently redid my rear diff and suspension. New limited slip (eatonTrutrac) kept the factory adjustable bearings, converted to jeep liberty rear disk, replaced worn out springs with hyperco composite leaf springs and all new hardware. Also added a panhard bar and rear sway bar.

My issue is that after i set the car back on the ground I have less clearance on the drivers side than I had before I did the job. My original thought was the panhard bar was pushing the differential off center so I disconnected it as well as loosend the sway bar ubolts, jacked the rear end up and no change.

What else should I be checking? I need the whole assembly to shift at least another 1/4 of inch to avoid rubbing the fender lip.

I dont think so because the front section is a different length than the rear section and the rear end is perfectly centered in the wheel wells. If I had one backwards it would be twisted in the well.

Auto Transport Service
Back