• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear Leave Spring Identification help

Hotrod20

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:32 AM
Reaction score
Hello, I have a set of rear leave springs with part # 2539 212. I checked my 69 parts book but its not listed there, it appears the part number may be earlier than 69?. Can anyone identify this number? I have a set of two.
Thank you for your help.
HR 20

Wow...maybe someone will find the parts listing and chime in. Thank you! for taking the time to check on this.
Regards,
HR 20

My rear assembly is out of a '66, sure grip assembly date stamped 12 07 65. Last 1/2 leaf has 2539 214 on them.

beerestoration2018 706.JPG

Thank You, now we're getting somewhere...Maybe these are from a 66 B body? I wanted to know what the application is from a parts book, and hopefully this number will turn up yet...
Thanks dadsbee!
HR 20

I'm pretty sure we borrowed my rear end assembly, springs and all, from a Charger.... but could have been anything in the junk yard back in '78 when my axle was walking out during left hand turns! LOL Easier to grab another one for free than do the other work.

The '79 DC Racing Manual doesn't list std body leaf numbers, but my guess would be from a '64 or '65. Measure the front half of the main leaf from center of the front spring eye to center bolt. 21" is for '64 & 65 only. Earlier would be 20". '66 thru '70 are 22" front with a 36" rear segment. The part number is in the '64 - '65 vintage.

In the Mopar numbering scheme......By the number listed, the first "2" would indicate in the 60's, and the next digit --"5" would have it originally designed for 1965. From there, the number scheme may continue for several years following that. It's quite possible that it was carried forward to 1966 as well.

Auto Transport Service
Back