• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear package tray

351turbo

Local time
3:00 PM
Reaction score
Is there a company who sells new ones . I need one with just defrost no speakers 1971 charger

Richard does as does Legendary Interiors... it's the shipping that sucks, so best combined with other things you need.

@69bfan

If you aren’t looking for perfection you can make your own out of 1/8” hardboard for $10 in materials. I’m doing it now and will write it up in my build thread.

Pretty much everyone is buying the REM product as I do not know of anyone else that is making a package tray. Being that you are needing one with I assume the factory defrost system, then REM does not make that particular one either. You will have to purchase the standard package tray and use your old one as a template to cut the defrost area out. Not a difficult job, but none the less, it will require some of your effort.

As Wayne mentioned, shipping is the killer on these pieces. The price is relatively cheap, I sell these at $22.00, but even though the 71-74 B is relatively narrow, it is oversize in length and shipping charges will double and triple with the surcharges. If you should need to order a seat divider or other large flat pieces combine with that order. I would reach out to one of the Canadian vendors to see if they can fill your needs. Even shipping within the states, the shipping charges are crazy for such a cheap piece of cardboard like material.

Good luck,
Richard

Classic buys from REM. Oddly, the one I bought from REM last year was a rough texture, the undyed side was smooth. They were great to deal with when I called, said that most were the rough texture. They were happy to do a custom order for a smooth-finish tray in dark tan for no additional charge! Good people at REM! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

When I saw my package tray was disintegrating, I decided to upgrade to a better grade material--stainless steel (a local restaurant sink fabricator made it for me). I have backlight louvers that shade that area, so I kept it in its "raw' state.

package tray.jpg

You will still need 1 speaker grille, motor goes under that speaker grille, for the motor to draw interior air to defog the window.

Excellent point @tonysrt . Nobody really offers the correct weave pattern as to the ones that I am aware of for the 70 and earlier model years. What is the general belief on how the majority of the 71 to 74 B-Body package trays were finished. Should they be a smooth / slick finish or more slight pebble grain finish. The vast majority of the 71 to 74 B-Body package trays that I have sold, have been the slick finish. Thanks for the input.

Auto Transport Service
Back