• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear seat divider jute pad on 73 Roadrunner?

idrivemopar

Local time
10:57 PM
Reaction score
I was just looking at my new rear seat divider for my 73 Roadrunner, and I also have the jute pad, but my original didn't have the jute pad, or it if did, it was not glued on to high density divider panel. So, is there supposed to be a jute pad glued on to it or not suppose to have one at all? If it does have one, I assume it goes on the side toward the rear seat and not the trunk? Anyone know?

Not sure but I would put towards the seat then it is not exposed to stuff in trunk
it is likely for sound deadening

When I had my 74 RR years ago, I do not remember it having a jute pad. Just the fiber/cardboard divider

I have a 1973 Road Runner I have owned since 1979 when it was just an old used car. It did not (does not) have a jute pad.

It could have been taken out, but I doubt it.

Thanks for the feedback, I asked this same question on the 71-74 section and appears the jute pad was for the Charger primarily as the seat dividers are nearly identical for these years, but, since I am adding sound deadening everywhere else, will be nice to add the jute pad to the seat divider for additional deadening.

Auto Transport Service
Back