• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear Seat size / interchangability

AZRC

Local time
7:15 PM
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the 68-70 Rear Seat is the same size as the 71-72 Rear Seat (B-Body)? General Shape and Seat Dimensions. I am asking because I plan to get a custom rear seat cover made and the company I am dealing with has a template for a 68/69 GTX/RR but not one for my 72 Road Runner. I would rather not send them my seat to take measurements.

Thanks in advance,
Craig

Nope. 66 through 70 are the same and 71 through 74 are the same...even through 77 for the rear iirc.

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between them? - Dimensions? Is the 66-70 rear seat wider or taller than the 71-74 rear seat?

Bottom line - would the rear seat cover from a 66-70 fit over a 71-74 seat frame (with foam)? Any help is appreciated.

The back portion of 71 and up is about six inches narrower and about four inches taller than 66 to 70 so, no I don't think it will fit.

Auto Transport Service
Back