• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear seat surround 67 gtx/satellite

Gus chiggins

Local time
9:51 PM
Reaction score
how does the fiberglass rear seat surround attach to the rear of the 67 gtx, and satellite cars?

4 studs through the speaker shelf with pal nuts underneath, 4 Phillips screws from front to rear.

note, the 66 and 67 surrounds have different size mounting holes for the brackets that mount the seat back, narrow on 66, so the holes through the surround are also narrow on 66.

In 67 the brackets and holes all got wider. You can cut the holes in a 66 to fit a 67 car.

4 studs through the speaker shelf with pal nuts underneath, 4 Phillips screws from front to rear.

note, the 66 and 67 surrounds have different size mounting holes for the brackets that mount the seat back, narrow on 66, so the holes through the surround are also narrow on 66.

In 67 the brackets and holes all got wider. You can cut the holes in a 66 to fit a 67 car.
Thanks for the reply. I'm swapping in a upper rear seat with the surround. Also i am going to use an emblem that says Belvedere made by yoast fabrication, yofab.com, i won't use the gtx, or satellite name plate, because i don't want to misrepresent those cars. BTW, i'll do this when i find an upper rear gtx/satellite seat frame. Guy on ebay says he might have one, he'll check on sunday.

Auto Transport Service
Back