• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear shock plate mounting studs

64sleeper

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:26 PM
Reaction score
The plates I took off my 64 8 3/4 had different size shock mounting studs from left to right. Both the shoulder and threads. Also one had a nut holding it in and the other was pressed in. I chalked it up as somebody had replaced one at some point. I remembered my buddy gave me a pair off of an e body so I went to my storage and got them. Same thing different diameter studs. Is this factory?
20220308_142720.jpg

The press in one's are factory other ones aftermarket. The racing guys I know weld the stud to the plate.

The way each pair sits the right stud looks like they were replaced on each pair. The left on each pair look original. Flip them all over and post a pic.

They are not pressed in they were welded in. Anything with a nut on the back is an aftermarket replacement.

Sleeper don't forget to weld up your spring perches if your going to be hitting hard. Don't want them to roll up on you.

They are not pressed in they were welded in. Anything with a nut on the back is an aftermarket replacement.
Ok thanks!! I can't believe I have 2 sets with a replacement on it. I thought maybe they did that from the factory

Sleeper don't forget to weld up your spring perches if your going to be hitting hard. Don't want them to roll up on you.
You're right i might just get some good aftermarket ones. I was checking out the ones mancini has

Auto Transport Service
Back