• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear Spring Rattle

ODZKing

Local time
10:04 PM
Reaction score
I spoke to Tom over on the third gen forum about this but wanted to see if anyone had run into this issue here.
I swapped the differential on my 73 with a 71 rear. Thinking it was the same and everything was fine but I have been fighting a rattle. The jackass who installed it for me never told me the shock/sway bar plate didn't sit flush and is rattling all over the place. He kept saying the exhaust was the problem.
rolleyes.gif

As mentioned, Tom said the plate and/or the mounting hole the spring bolt sits into is different. Has anyone performed this and what was the eventual solution?
There are some things I just can't do without a lift and when don't do things yourself and you depend on other people, many times they disappoint.
NOW, this will cost me twice as much to get remedied.
brickwall.gif
WP_20181014_002B.jpg

There are some things I just can't do without a lift and when don't do things yourself and you depend on other people, many times they disappoint. NOW, this will cost me twice as much to get remedied.

Ain't that the case, many times over. I'd gladly pay top dollar to get it done right the first time, but how the hell do you know?

I'd love to help out but if you need to swap the perches between axles then you might want to talk with this guy:
GEVO, everyone has good things to say about him not super far away from you either.
http://www.rearsgears.com/

So has anyone else swapped a 71 to a 73? Is it just a matter of drilling the positioning hole?

If it's just a matter of getting the hole drilled, I would be glad to help.
PM me.

Auto Transport Service
Back