• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear Springs @ different heights??

ohiokm

Local time
12:38 AM
Reaction score
Hey there guys, I'm in the process of converting to a rear leaf spring slider set up. I removed the springs from the rear shackles an have noticed at least a 1" difference in rear spring heights. See pictures

Screenshot_20220616-125903_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220616-125916_Gallery.jpg

The factory did that to help plant the passenger side when the engine torques over. Chrysler put a lot of thought into the springs

Depends on what car and what springs you have. Give us more info on your combination.

Looks like Calvert springs. If you have the bars, try loosening them off.

Cal Trac split mono springs and Cal Trac bars with Dana 60

Cal Tracs are loosened

Maybe the perches aren't square.
I know mine aren't.

Maybe the perches aren't square.
I know mine aren't.
I'm looking at the spring perches on the rear end housing and have roughly a 1.5 ° difference between the 2 rear end perches

I'll be watching as I'm doing the same thing. Racers thread as a nice piece on it. Maybe that will help.

Okay I have a question and I'm sure the answer is easy.how do I figure out the shocks for the rear with lift and sliders. If I get them to short the rear-end and springs won't work right. Is there some kind of math or do I have the rear-end up in the air with the sliders completely forward that is my guess. Thanks for any help.

Okay I have a question and I'm sure the answer is easy.how do I figure out the shocks for the rear with lift and sliders. If I get them to short the rear-end and springs won't work right. Is there some kind of math or do I have the rear-end up in the air with the sliders completely forward that is my guess. Thanks for any help.
Generally you want at least 3" of cylinder shaft in the shock body at ride height and weight

Auto Transport Service
Back