• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear sway bar links

Those are just the front ones. Rears are different.
Gotcha, I looked around as well and that's all I could turn over. Never had one with the rear bars so I had no idea if they were the same or not.

My 69 rears came from Firm Feel. Just a little bit longer than the fronts.

Need this style.

20160919_110724.jpg 20160724_182426.jpg

Hey Mark. As far as I know, no one makes the links, at least the proper links.

Agree, never found reproductions for those links. The factory never offered replacement link parts as well. Had to buy a complete bar assembly to get them back in the day. There are some later aftermarket front “repair” clamping style link kits that come close to them if you are looking for functionality only. The ’72 versions are a bit shorter than the later Iso mount versions if you can find used parts, they will work but are not technically correct for ’72. That ’72 Dana bar pictured is a rare part BTW.
!B8Fy0wQ!Wk~$(KGrHqJ,!hwEzL)lKd7hBM2E!C6U8!~~0_12.jpg

I bought the bushings which will fit a few different applications, I then drilled out the spot weld from just one side, what I'm saying is I didn't drill completely thru, put the new bushing in the plug welded the hole closed.

I never have had to cut the spot welds open to change the bushings. With generous lubrication, the links can be worked off ends of the bars, bushings pushed out of the link end. Re-assembled in reverse order.

Last edited:
I couldn't get mine in, I ended up cutting the one side loose. Can't tell. I used a product called Polywater, we use it for pulling fiberoptic cable thru duct. It's slippery as ****. A quart will do about 8000' feet of duct. Didn't work on my bushings tho lol.
Hey Mark, out of all the cars youvey come across over the years, none had decent back bars or bushings or didn't you save any ? Does the rubber go bad out in the dry area you're in ?

Auto Transport Service
Back