• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear tires and rims

cjsolar

Local time
8:57 AM
Reaction score
I am trying to find out what is the largest pair of tires and rims that I can put on a 67 Plymouth Belvedere II with the stock wheel wells. I don't want to enlarge the fender wells. I would like to know the backspacing to use. I have a set of 15x8 American Racing Sprint wheels with 4.5" backspacing on 235x70R15 tires. They fit well but would like to put larger tires in back.

those wheels should be pretty close to center of the wheel well.see if you can measure from the sidewall of the tire to the inside of the outer lip of the wheel well and from the inner sidewall to the spring.(should be where the tire would hit if bigger)as long as those measurments are real close,your wheel should be in the center.i know 255 60 15 fit fine,but many have run 275 60 15.those tend to get very close to the lip and may require some minor mods.

I ran 255's but understand some can run 275's with proper back space

Auto Transport Service
Back