• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rear window clip hole distance

moparjohnny

Local time
10:08 AM
Reaction score
i have to drill holes due to new metal around back window,i know i need two holes close to each other in the lower center,how far apart is each hole from side to side? and same for both sides of the back glass. thanks

Best I can do for your Johnny..
beerestoration2017 1720.JPG
beerestoration2017 1723.JPG
beerestorationfall2018 1123.JPG
beerestorationfall2018 1126.JPG

If I'm wrong here please correct me, but aren't the clips able to slide side-to-side a little inside the trim piece? Meaning, the fixed point is where they stab into the metal so estimating the locations based on dadsbee's pictures will work, as the trim will piece meet them where they are. Doesn't have to be perfectly perfect..hopefully someone will confirm this, it's been a long time since I had mine off...

Here are some different angles. Can't ever have too many photos. Hope this helps...

20170526_124512.jpg
20170526_124524.jpg
20170806_090651.jpg

Thanks.. I knew I should have added a clip in each end in the lower corners. Mine didn't have those and I could find ZERO pictures showing any different than mine.. until now! Trim would definitely sit tighter with those in place! DIFFERENCE in mine... I have a clip mid way on each of the sides! (EDIT.. I see yours are there with the glass in shot!)

Thanks.. I knew I should have added a clip in each end in the lower corners. Mine didn't have those and I could find ZERO pictures showing any different than mine.. until now! Trim would definitely sit tighter with those in place! DIFFERENCE in mine... I have a clip mid way on each of the sides! (EDIT.. I see yours are there with the glass in shot!)

Ya, whomever owned the car prior to me must have put extras in those lower corners for the very reason you mentioned. I don't think they were there originally because the clip "kit" I purchased had 2 less than I actually installed.

Auto Transport Service
Back