• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear Window Clips

mpro69rr

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:42 PM
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

On the rear window where do the big clips go, I have several big and small ones? Is it along the bottom? Its a 69 RR 383 4 speed.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm guessing by your icon it's a '69. While I'm not familiar with that model year I can tell you that on the '66 and '67 all the rear glass clips are the same. However, on the front glass the larger clips are for the bottom and the smaller clips go up the A pillar and across the roof.

IMG_0334 copy.JPG IMG_0335 copy.JPG

I'm guessing by your icon it's a '69. While I'm not familiar with that model year I can tell you that on the '66 and '67 all the rear glass clips are the same. However, on the front glass the larger clips are for the bottom and the smaller clips go up the A pillar and across the roof.

View attachment 1225933 View attachment 1225934
On a 66 and 67 what?

Does anyone know the answer? There's got to be someone who installed the rear window trim clips? They are not the same as a Belvedere or Satellite.

Have you tried putting the clips in position to test? Or is your window not out and you don't have the clips yet

Have you tried putting the clips in position to test? Or is your window not out and you don't have the clips yet

Yes, the windows out and the big clips don't fit, that's why I'm wondering. I had some work done back there and its back at the body shop getting fixed so I need to know if that's where they go? By the count of the clips I have they may go there.

I don't think so, the packet I ordered came with some big trim clips.
Perhaps they sent you clips for the front glass by mistake. I ordered front and rear clips last year and got 2 bags of front clips. Drove me crazy trying to figure out where they went until I looked at my Satellite and realized the mistake. Again, this is ‘66 and ‘67 and I’m probably not being much help. Sorry.

Just looked at mine. All the same size. All holes are the same distance from panel face. Ledge is about 3/4" deep around the whole rear glass opening. Also looked at windshield. Top and side clips are smaller than rear clips and bottom clips are larger than rear clips.

Just looked at mine. All the same size. All holes are the same distance from panel face. Ledge is about 3/4" deep around the whole rear glass opening. Also looked at windshield. Top and side clips are smaller than rear clips and bottom clips are larger than rear clips.

That clears up some of it, I actually ordered two bags of clips by mistake and both bags for the rear have the big trim clips, and little trim clips which I used for the top and sides. Thanks for replying!

Auto Transport Service
Back