• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear window louvers?

junior340

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:50 PM
Reaction score
Not sure if original or aftermarket but I like these on car I saw at a local show.
Clean car too.
20230423_104127.jpg
20230423_104203.jpg

I have never seen rear window louvers on a first gen Charger. I like it; thanks for posting!
:thumbsup:

Nah... Dislike. I never understood the reason for them, even on so many of the Ford Mustangs back in the day. Did Mopar ever put them on anything from the factory? E Body, maybe?

Nah... Dislike. I never understood the reason for them, even on so many of the Ford Mustangs back in the day. Did Mopar ever put them on anything from the factory? E Body, maybe?
To keep the sun out of the big window.
My buddy has some on his 72 runner and looks great.

His are a plastic aftermarket setup.
But could they have been had through hustle stuff or DC? I'm not up on that.

Definitely Not OE... Not even a dealer add on...
I have seen a few artist renderings in the past however, that created quite a stir, so it would be no surprise to me if someone decided to give it a go.
I have nothing against the idea personally, but there will always be people standing on both sides of a fence, and there's nothing wrong with that eh.

I ordered a Daytona Turbo Z C/S in 1986 with the sun, sound and shade package. It came with aluminum louvres to shade the hatchback window. I had to make a shade for the pop-up sunroof glass. Black leather gets hot... It needs a little work. Idle since 01.20230510_175835.jpg

I had an 86 turbo Z. Leather, 5 speed. Went over 305,000 miles without an engine overhaul. No sun roof. I had rear louvers but never installed them. A great car!
pictures 045a.jpg

I had an 86 turbo Z. Leather, 5 speed. Went over 305,000 miles without an engine overhaul. No sun roof. I had rear louvers but never installed them. A great car! View attachment 1463036
Agree... Mine lost a fuel pump in Jan of 01, so it was retired at only 168k. I put a pump in it in 06 and despite starting and running it several times a year it quit again 2 years ago. I'm currently working on my 67 Coronet R/T after idling since 97, so the Daytona will need to wait a bit now.

I like the louvers on the gen 1 Charger. We had an 87 Charger that came with louvers on the rear. I always thought they looked kinda naked without them.

1990-001.jpeg

There's something to be said about the 2.2. Simple to work on and phenomenal mpg. Water cooled Air Research turbo was a real winner. My only complaint was stripping the splines on the jack shaft, twice, so I just put in a non-turbo pass side axle. Still in there.

Auto Transport Service
Back