• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear Window moulding

MoparJimT

Local time
8:28 AM
Reaction score
Question for the group. I had my rear window installed and I am not able to get the side to top molding to fit. Once I get the side clipped the top section swings away from the window. If I get one of the top clips to catch it forces the side moulding to bulge and pop loose. I think the butal tape is to thick so the window is not sitting deep enough making the molding twist. Also if you look at the ends on the bottom moulding it is also twisting up. Thoughts?
20210530_215417.jpg
20210530_221300.jpg

Did you ever figure this out? I might have to take out my rear window but might avoid it if it becomes a hassle

Did you ever figure this out? I might have to take out my rear window but might avoid it if it becomes a hassle

I did not get a specific answer but I think the window is set to high so I took out the window again and will install the moulding while the glue is still soft so the window will sit deeper and the moulding will lay flat. Not going to tackle this for a few weeks and will post the outcome then
Thanks

I did not get a specific answer but I think the window is set to high so I took out the window again and will install the moulding while the glue is still soft so the window will sit deeper and the moulding will lay flat. Not going to tackle this for a few weeks and will post the outcome then
Thanks
Success I took out the window then when they glass guys reinstalled it we put the molding on right away while the glue was soft.
20210625_133555.jpg

Nice job. Do you recall how high the glass was to the clips? Just had my front and rear glass put in last week and I'm about to put the trim on my 71 and hoping to not have the same issue

Nice job. Do you recall how high the glass was to the clips? Just had my front and rear glass put in last week and I'm about to put the trim on my 71 and hoping to not have the same issue
Sorry for the late reply, I am afraid I did not make note of that. We installed the window then immediately installed the trim so that the window adhesive would compress as the trim was installed.

If you look at the pic that shows the lower trim tilting up it looks like the glass is about the same height as the top of the clip, maybe even slightly higher. That is why I could not get the trim installed. I would say the glass needs to be lower then the tops of the clips. Hope this helps.

I still have the trim off on the original glass rear window on my 74 Charger. I never removed the glass, I just replaced the clips with new ones. Let me know if you think the measurement is the same and will help you. If so. I'll take several for you.
Terry W.

I still have the trim off on the original glass rear window on my 74 Charger. I never removed the glass, I just replaced the clips with new ones. Let me know if you think the measurement is the same and will help you. If so. I'll take several for you.
Terry W.
For sure! Thanks!

For sure! Thanks!
So here's what I found out with the measurements. At the bottom corners of the glass, the window to the edge of dutchman panel was 3/8" on passengers side and 7/16" on drivers side. In the middle on the sides, it was 5/16" on passengers side and 3/8" on drivers side. Across the top, it was 1/2" to 7/16" from glass to roof edge. At middle bottom, it was 3/8" from glass to dutchman panel edge. I did notice the pins the clips slide on to were entirely visible looking across the surface of the glass to the pin's head at the top. At the bottom, about half of the pin's head was visible. On the passengers side, the glass was even with the top of the pin. On the drivers side, about half of the pin's head was visible. So there is some varying of the glass height. Ill add some photos. First is Top Center. 2nd is bottom center. 3rd is bottom passenger corner.

Rear Glass 9.jpg Rear Glass 10.jpg Rear Glass 11.jpg

Some more.1st is driver middle. 2nd is passenger side bottom. 3rd is top middle. 4th is top driver side. Last is driver bottom. I hope these help.
Terry W.

Rear Glass 5.jpg Rear Glass 6.jpg Rear Glass 7.jpg Rear Glass 8.jpg Rear Glass 12.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back