• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rear window on 69 runner.

blue69runner

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:38 PM
Reaction score
Well here it is. Did not know if I had posted any thing before on the subject. The car is all done but putting the glass in. For the rear window bought one from AMD and put it in and two hours latter it shattered. It was tight in the bottom corners. But not that bad. Trim and all was on and was cleaning up when I heard a pow sound and yep it had shattered. So have ordered another one from Metro part's tried to put it in to day and it wont even fit in at the bottom. Don't look like the original with the curves. So now looking for an used good back window. I did use the old one to test fit as I was rebuilding the car body. It fit's in and just cant get a new glass that is the same measurement's for some reason. Any Ideas would be a grate help. I am not going to start ripping things apart to make a window fit this would destroy all the work I have done to the car. Down to the finish now. Thanks blue69runner.

I have a couple. They were taken out of a 68 Coronet and a 70 Road Runner back in the early 80s. Need cleaning and polishing. I would take $150 each for either of them. Packing and shipping would be the hard part, unless you could pick them up. I am near Roanoke Virginia. PM if interested.

Yes dadsbee. That would be a long trip. Looking around for someone to make a custom glass. With all the stack metal back their the opening is tight. It is braking my hart that cant seem to get glass that fit's.

This happens to me twice with AMD, who supplies Metro?
AMD does not belong in the glass business, outsourced or not.
Non OEM glass was are installed after Dutchman panel was replaced, all was good, just did not like the condition of the old glass, that is when my problems started.

Auto City glass in MN is where I sourced glass, I believe the vendor is Pilkington PN4052,

The curvature Of non OEM may be different as others can attest.

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthread...re-69-road-runner-rear-glass.html#Post2710284

Wow I had an AMD rear repop for my 68 satellite. That was 6 years ago. First one has curve wrong. They sent a second one on the house and said they re tooled. The second fit fine.

I have some used ones as well but to keep the shipping down they are a very tight fit in a box and have a risk of getting broke. I shipped quite a few that did not get broke until the last one did. Hope you find one locally, should be some good used ones in FL

Russ - Have you called Jerry @ J&J Auto Parts in Starke to see if he has a good, used one? You could drive up there in about 3 hours...

Well here it is. Did not know if I had posted any thing before on the subject. The car is all done but putting the glass in. For the rear window bought one from AMD and put it in and two hours latter it shattered. It was tight in the bottom corners. But not that bad. Trim and all was on and was cleaning up when I heard a pow sound and yep it had shattered. So have ordered another one from Metro part's tried to put it in to day and it wont even fit in at the bottom. Don't look like the original with the curves. So now looking for an used good back window. I did use the old one to test fit as I was rebuilding the car body. It fit's in and just cant get a new glass that is the same measurement's for some reason. Any Ideas would be a grate help. I am not going to start ripping things apart to make a window fit this would destroy all the work I have done to the car. Down to the finish now. Thanks blue69runner.
How does the package tray fit?

Just to say guy's that I measured every thing when rebuilding the car. Did have some problem's with the quarter. Not enough curve in the window channel to get the quarter to swing over the inner structure. Had to bend it out and get so it would go over the structure. But the back glass fit even after filler and all. It is a mystery to me. Oh well will keep at it till I find an answer. LOL.

You'll be glad that incorrectly shaped AMD POS is in the trash can! I've been down that painful road. Looks like a windshield, not a back glass with correct triple curves. Thankfully I got my 600 canuck bucks back and returned mine and installed an OE that I spent numerous hours polishing. Find a good OE glass and if need be you can grind some edge off to make if it fit nice. DOWN the glass edge, not across...
beerestorationfall2018 1154.JPG

beerestorationfall2018 1156.JPG

Thanks dadsbee. That is what I have in my mind for sure. Every one say you can cut tempered glass but using sanding disc and water to keep it cool you can shave it down. So wish me luck I really need this to happen. It is holding up the build for sure. Blue.

Have you tried calling Tom at ECS Automotive? I'm in the for a back glass as well (69 bee) and he was very knowledgeable on it all. The price is more than an AMD but the fit should be correct.

No have not tried them. Thanks will give them a call.
He doesn't have an answering machine. So if he is out pulling parts in the junkyard it will take him some time to get to the phone. Let the phone ring and ring. And when you're tired of letting it ring, let it ring some more...

He doesn't have an answering machine. So if he is out pulling parts in the junkyard it will take him some time to get to the phone. Let the phone ring and ring. And when you're tired of letting it ring, let it ring some more...
I have tried to find the number for them but not able to or direction's. If you have the number and directions that would be grate. :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back