• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rear window sealer

charger10

Local time
9:59 AM
Reaction score
1967 charger, got rear window in over weekend. shop manual says to put sealer between gasket and metal as last step. do you fill the entire gap between the 2??
1 mistake I made was too much sealer in glass groove. had to clean a lot of sealer off glass after in.
SAM_1677.JPG

The sealer should be 3M ribbon seal, butyl. It should have been laid either on the pinch weld while you roped the window in. Or, in the channel of the gasket before you roped the window in.

Please don’t pump urethane in the channel.

The sealer should be 3M ribbon seal, butyl. It should have been laid either on the pinch weld while you roped the window in. Or, in the channel of the gasket before you roped the window in.

ooh, bummer. I used butyl on glass channel, I guess I didn't understand the manual for the metal channel.

any ideas without taking window back out?? thin bead of butyl in the space??

Gasket to body, not really. Glass to gasket you use a sealer with a stiff tip and clean up any excess.

Auto Transport Service
Back