• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear window trim problems

Mark1972

Local time
7:16 PM
Reaction score
The rear window trim, especially along the bottom does not fit the profile of the window enough to snap in. The quarters were changed and the profile from where the quarter meets the center piece below the window has a different curve. Trim pieces dont really bend, and now my trim wont snap in. I'm kind of lost. I can't remove the clips because the screws are blocked by the glass. Has anyone had this problem and any tips to get the trim to hold? I hate the idea of removing the window and doing body work on a freshly painted car.

If your trim is ss, it can be reshaped with a little heat and patience. Sand and polish when done.

This is where anyone who gets body work and paint done. You bring the trim with the car.......You tell the shop to fit the trim up if they rework those areas.....

The clips themselves could be the issue.....I had issues with the rear window trim clips for my GTX. The rear glass had to come out and the clips reshaped to accommodate the trim.....Thankfully, that was all in the hands of my glass installer.....

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopa...gtx-restoration.127388/page-68#post-910793092

post #1345

you don't want to hear it
but
it sounds like the rear window has to come back out..

The work was all done by myself and my friend in my garage, except for the paint and exhaust. We didnt know enough to fit the trim when we fit the new quarters. Live and learn. Overall, the car is coming together nicely, other than a few little hiccups. A few pics below. I'll see what we come up with for a solution.

20190629_103733.jpg 20190814_213208.jpg

The work was all done by myself and my friend in my garage, except for the paint and exhaust. We didnt know enough to fit the trim when we fit the new quarters. Live and learn. Overall, the car is coming together nicely, other than a few little hiccups. A few pics below. I'll see what we come up with for a solution.

View attachment 823923 View attachment 823926
WE all have made similar mistakes....One thing is for sure the car loos wonderful....

Thing is it is a fixable mistake and not the end of the world........Just some advice when you fit the trim up, tape everything and several layers of tape.........

I love the color and the steelies!........Drop me a line anytime if you need help/advice on anything via PM.........

Auto Transport Service
Back