• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rear window

blue69runner

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:14 AM
Reaction score
Just to add and up date on the rear window for my 69 runner. Bought several other window's used. Tried to shave one down and just about had it and wanted a little more off the edge. Started in and lightly touched the glass and it shattered also. So found another one and my glass guy said he might be able to shave it down. I said after trying and buying other window's would not try to shave one again. So now up to date. Took the last window and marked where it needed to be narrower on the outer edge. Having one made for 2500.00 a one off. When it is done in 5 week's will let you know how it work's out. Just to say the mold has to be made and if some one else run's into this problem can turn them on to the people who is making it for me. It wont be tempered instead Laminated. Like the front windshield. This should make the project get further along. Wish me luck. Blue69runner

Just to add and up date on the rear window for my 69 runner. Bought several other window's used. Tried to shave one down and just about had it and wanted a little more off the edge. Started in and lightly touched the glass and it shattered also. So found another one and my glass guy said he might be able to shave it down. I said after trying and buying other window's would not try to shave one again. So now up to date. Took the last window and marked where it needed to be narrower on the outer edge. Having one made for 2500.00 a one off. When it is done in 5 week's will let you know how it work's out. Just to say the mold has to be made and if some one else run's into this problem can turn them on to the people who is making it for me. It wont be tempered instead Laminated. Like the front windshield. This should make the project get further along. Wish me luck. Blue69runner
Why do you need a custom window?

Hey, I still have the old ones we messaged about a few weeks ago. But, this is an unusual issue.. Was your car rebuilt and sheet metal changed in the past? What exactly is the problem? Thickness or contour???

Auto Transport Service
Back