• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recommendations for Roll Bar

66/440

Local time
4:08 PM
Reaction score
I want to put a roll bar in my '62 Savoy and am looking for recommendations on a pre-bent kit. Any help would be appreciated.

s and w race cars just what the doctor ordered. have kits and if one want it special they can help you out. pricing is good quality is great.

Mine is an S & W rollbar kit. Ron

413740358.jpg

Rhodes Race Cars.
i just finished installing an 8 point kit from rhodes in my '63 plymouth,,nice kit,tubes came notched,perfect fit on the main hoop,,had to do the usual finish triming/fitting to get it just like i wanted it but u will have to do that with any kit. my local metal supplier could not sell me the tubing for the same price that rhodes delivered pre bent and notched ready to go..i would buy from them again.

I installed my S & W 6 point rollbar myself. The bars came pretty much very close to being welded right in. But if you want to put then in a slightly different angle or position you of course have to grind the bars some. And my rear bars would have to be bent just right if I had put them through the rear package shelf. But I did not put my rear bars through the package shelf as I put them straight down where the rear seat cushion meets the rear seat back. and I did not bend my side bars any like I see may do because the rule says when sitting in the drivers seat the side bar should pass between your shoulder and elbow. But you do have to do some cutting , grinding and fish mouthing. And it is a lot cheaper to buy the kit and do it yourself then paying a shop to put one in for you. I only need a 6 point rollbar to be legal down to 10 flat. Right now my car has run 10.70's and even if I ever do make it faster I don't plan to go faster then 10.0 because I don't want to put a full cage in my street car. Ron

407583081.jpg

I cant find a pic of my rear bars but this is my sons Dart and they are done the same as my rear bars. His kit is a Competition Plus kit. Ron

146648955.jpg

I installed my S & W 6 point rollbar myself. The bars came pretty much very close to being welded right in. But if you want to put then in a slightly different angle or position you of course have to grind the bars some. And my rear bars would have to be bent just right if I had put them through the rear package shelf. But I did not put my rear bars through the package shelf as I put them straight down where the rear seat cushion meets the rear seat back. and I did not bend my side bars any like I see may do because the rule says when sitting in the drivers seat the side bar should pass between your shoulder and elbow. But you do have to do some cutting , grinding and fish mouthing. And it is a lot cheaper to buy the kit and do it yourself then paying a shop to put one in for you. I only need a 6 point rollbar to be legal down to 10 flat. Right now my car has run 10.70's and even if I ever do make it faster I don't plan to go faster then 10.0 because I don't want to put a full cage in my street car. Ron

View attachment 801223
Great info! Did you buy the mild steel tube?
Your install looks really good.

Great info! Did you buy the mild steel tube?
Your install looks really good.

Thank you. I just bought the rollbar kit from S & W for my 63 and we bought a kit for my sons Dart from Competition Plus. All the bars we used came in the kits. Ron

Thank you. I just bought the rollbar kit from S & W for my 63 and we bought a kit for my sons Dart from Competition Plus. All the bars we used came in the kits. Ron
When you ordered which material did you purchase? DOM, Chrome Molly, mild steel?

When you ordered which material did you purchase? DOM, Chrome Molly, mild steel?

Honestly I don't remember but I did tell them it had to be NHRA legal. But I bought the kit for my 63 around 2003 and I just do not remember what it came in ? Sorry. Ron

66/440 just was over at 65afx he just got s&w 10 point mild steel. The roll bar pieces look great and they fit real well.

Auto Transport Service
Back