• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recommendations???

19bee70

Local time
2:43 AM
Reaction score
Hello everyone on a Saturday! I'm moving forward on my engine build and have a 74 440 block to get checked and machined. Once I know the finished bore, I can order my stroker kit. The question is.....does anyone living here in Florida have a solid recommendation for machine shop in central part of the state? If it comes to a distance drive, I may have to do it. I know ...machine shops should be competent in all brands but I guess I'd be happier if I knew someone here in Florida that had good results from whomever they used! Fair pricing is a factor too. Survey says....?

I would go to some local car shows and cruise-ins and talk to the guys there. There will be a lot of recommendations of who to go to, and who not to. It's kind of like FBBO, but on a local level.

I found my paint guy that way, and he and I have come to be good friends to boot.

The thought did cross my mind. I suppose the face to face input would be the best. I'll have to check around for shows here. I was wondering if anybody reading here is from Florida? Many thanks !

Hi im in naples, I just got here a year ago full time . I know that it wont be reasonable anywhere you go but the best you can hope for is good quality. I know a few in N jersey. There's a few in Ft Meyers and a guy here in Naples but im not keen on him

Yella....I wouldn't be opposed to driving for a reliable, quality, and " know what they are doing with a Mopar engine" for the work! I have a 440 to do. On another topic...is your Yella71 member name tied to a Citron Yella car you own?

Yes it is. 71 challenger.
Great! I like the 71 over the 70. I had a 73 back in 1988 but I also now have a 71 Demon that has a missing data plate so I'm thinking of changing the color to Citron Yella OR Panther Pink. My gf wants it for her driver after I finish my Bee. Can you send me a couple of pics that show the color in the sunlight?

I have driven by a machine shop in north Florida (Waldo) called Dvorak's and I can remember about 15-20 years ago they had a writeup in a MOPAR pub about how great they were. Anybody ever used them?

...in the SW fl sun

IMG_20220730_165839152.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back