• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Record Collectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

70redbee

Local time
5:00 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Do we have any collectors of vintage Record Albums on the board. My son and grandson have a bunch that they would like to sell. Let me know what you are looking for and I will see if they have it. Mostly Rock and Roll...Beetles,Van Halen etc.

the only ones that i would be looking for seriously would be lorne green-welcome to the ponderosa and the album from heavy metal the movie.

Got any Robin Trower stuff ? PM me if so. Thanx, Don.

how bout almond bros, CCR, alabama, ect. are there any country records? What kind of price are we talking about. I could be interested in a few or all if it's a good price.

I'll have to get back with you guys. I'll try to get a list and they will be cheap.

Condition is everything. Serious collectors (like me) want them as clean as possible. Rock and metal records from the 80's are gonna be what sells the best for you. The Beatles albums, if they are original pressings in great shape, are good.

I hope they aren't hoping to get rich off of them, though. I see people trying to unload collections all the time, and they think they will hit pay dirt, but more often than not it's stuff that is so plentiful you practically have to give it away. Stuff like Pat Benatar, Van Halen, all killer stuff, but I come across stacks of those for 50 cents a piece. If you have any Iron Maiden, any New Wave of British Heavy Metal bands, that stuff is all desirable.

I could really use a copy of Messin' With the Boys, by Cherie and Marie Currie. Or a copy of the Big Trouble in Little China soundtrack. Or, the European pressing of the 1987 self-titled Whitesnake album.

You may want to get a list together and some pics, and toss it up here. There are more of us vinyl-philes than you'd think. I personally have around 1200 or so. Let us know what you have, you may be able to unload them faster that way!

Tommy

There is big resurgance (sp) of vinyl with the younger crowd as they like the sound better then the digital stuff. I don't know what they are willing to pay but I know the older collector are not just into the condition of the albums themselves but often times more so the condition of the album cover and dust cover sleeve. They are often worth more than the actual vinyl.

I'm not a "serious collector", I just like to listen to records. I have about 150 or so and will buy for the music, not the face value. I only have one thats worth a bunch of money and thats farron young's "hello walls" album.

I'm in the younger crowd category. For me it's all about the sound. I won't release my own albums on anything other than vinyl, and I don't buy anything other than vinyl. Digital just cannot touch analog.

There is big resurgance (sp) of vinyl with the younger crowd as they like the sound better then the digital stuff. I don't know what they are willing to pay but I know the older collector are not just into the condition of the albums themselves but often times more so the condition of the album cover and dust cover sleeve. They are often worth more than the actual vinyl.

I'm in the younger crowd category. For me it's all about the sound. I won't release my own albums on anything other than vinyl, and I don't buy anything other than vinyl. Digital just cannot touch analog.

Just curios on how old the "younger crowd" is. I'm 22 and only listen to records. On a record there is infinite number of sounds you can hear, digital can not touch it. what kind of music do you play?

Wow. And I thought I was the odd man out by buying records. I say that because I find them so cheap. I'd be interested in a list too. I've got a small collection, but honestly don't listen to them for convenience reasons.

I've got an interesting piece of 70's history that's related-

Circa 1972 Empire 698 turntable. Real teakwood and glass dustcover, and the coolest part-

To raise and lower the tone arm, there is a clear lucite post, with two brass posts inside. You touch the brass posts, and acatually complete the circuit with your finger to operte it.

It needs restored with a new belt and the fluid in the tone arm mechanism changed, but it's really clean and all there.

It was my uncles. He was a real audiophile back inthe 60s/70/s and 80s.

I''m torn on whether or not to sell this. I've seen them go for $700 on ebay.

I also have a nice Sanyo that works great, from back when sanyo was a good brand.

I have about 250 Albums. Mostly those 80's HR/HM and also a lot of 60's original pressings like Zep, Deep purple Machine Head (with poster) Dark Side of the Moon (with post cards and stickers), Beatles on Capitol incl Magiacl mystery Tour with book, DJ promo copies, half speed masters, Picture disks, The original 45 release of Whiesnake Fool for Your Lovin' with Jon Lord of Deep Purple. I also have a fair share of signed copies of local and bar circuit touring acts. My favorites are David T Chastain (Cincinnatti) and Savatage (now mostly Trans Siberian Orchestra).

When I first moved to FL, two of the first people I met were the drummer of DRI and the ex-girlfriend of Marylin Manson (while they were still a local act). Both within 5 miles of my house.

Without getting too technical- an analog sound wave has linear transitions, IE, smooth. A digital reproduction has sharp corners of verical and horizontal. The higher the sampling rate and bit quality, the smaller the "edges", and the more linear the sound.

I am a big fan of carying all 24 GB of my secondary collection with me on my phone, though:)

I will take a copy of George Harrison's "All Things Must Pass" if the poster is still with it.
I'll pay $15

I will also take a copy, EP or 45, of The Family "High Fashion". I'll pay $5.
I will also take a copy, 45 or LP, of Wendy & Lisa "Waterfall". I'll pay $5.

By vintage, i thought you might mean 50's and early 60's. then I'd ask if you had any r+b soul or folk records.
70's/80's seems pretty late in the vinyl production ers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back