• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reliable Door locks

Mocajava

Local time
11:14 AM
Reaction score
I am putting back together a 69 Coronet and recently ordered a full set of ignition, door and trunk lots from Classic Industries. These are pieces of garbage as the door locks will only let me lock but not unlock the doors! They only will go in one way (I tried to reverse them) and even sitting off car in my hand, I could only get them to the unlock direction 1 out of 20 times I tried. These are junk! Who else sells a different manufacturer of locks that I could rely on? Any ideas please?

By chance do you have the originals ? If so try a local lock smith. My guy was able to re-key my originals.

The new repoped locks are no where near the quality of originals. I have been getting originals re-keyed also. It's not very expensive either.

I am putting back together a 69 Coronet and recently ordered a full set of ignition, door and trunk lots from Classic Industries. These are pieces of garbage as the door locks will only let me lock but not unlock the doors! They only will go in one way (I tried to reverse them) and even sitting off car in my hand, I could only get them to the unlock direction 1 out of 20 times I tried. These are junk! Who else sells a different manufacturer of locks that I could rely on? Any ideas please?
I just bought a set of door locks along with a matching ignition lock from a place called Moparts in a place called Beaverton in Ontario Canada the people there are excellent to deal with check out their website nationalmoparts.com

Last edited:
OEM door and trunk locks are SUPER EASY to re-key.

The only potential caveat is unless you have a few extras, you may not have enough pins of the correct length to get them all the same.

Take one apart carefully and you will see what I mean.

Tip- it helps to have a egg carton to store and sort the different pins and springs.

Auto Transport Service
Back