• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Remanufactured Edelbrock Carbs

Houle #382

Local time
5:26 PM
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has purchased a remanufactured Edelbrock 750 or 800 carb and if so any issues with them.

How much do you save buying a reman one?

I bought two 600 Preformers at Carslisle. The vendor had hundreds of them and said that these were only ran on a dyno. They were really cruddy on the inside and I ended up rebuilding them. Both of them were so out of adjustment I don't know how they would have ever run.

How much do you save buying a reman one?

I bought two 600 Preformers at Carslisle. The vendor had hundreds of them and said that these were only ran on a dyno. They were really cruddy on the inside and I ended up rebuilding them. Both of them were so out of adjustment I don't know how they would have ever run.
How much did they set you back?

I wonder if the remans are returns to the supplier like (summit etc.)

even on a reman I would pull the top and check the float settings and get a eyeball on the insides.

even on a reman I would pull the top and check the float settings and get a eyeball on the insides.
Ditto!
The one that came on my engine (prominently stamped "REMAN" on the baseplate) had every jet and needle in it all wrong.
Every one. Wound up buying the kit and installing the jets and needles Edelbrock lists for the carb. Things got better from there.

I ended up buying one from National Carburetor out of Jacksonville Florida. They are the National leader in Remanufactured Carbs in the US. $270.00 bucks delivered, with a life time warranty. Saved almost a $100. bucks. Quoting eldubb440 simple design not much can go wrong, I hope !

Auto Transport Service
Back