• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Remember when CRAFTSMAN tools were built in AMERICA ?

Great news. Hopefully quality gets back to what it once was also.

It's happening. Plants open,people here get jobs, economy grows,more jobs.More factories.I've been a blue collar worker all my life.Never thought I'd see work come back to this country. Soap box rant over..

I noticed alot more help wanted signs everywhere beginning of 2017 that's a start .I remember there was no jobs anywhere for many years Pryor! Just saying!

Are these the same Jobs "Someone" said where not coming back to America?

It's nice to have a magical wand isn't it?
Trump-in-Hat-MAGA-640x480.jpg

I recently drove up I-5 from border to border through Oregon. I couldn't even hazard a wild *** guess at how many help wanted signs I saw on the sides of buildings that faced the freeway in some way. It also seemed most of the trucks had drivers wanted signs on their back doors.

Craftsman was nice because they would replace them, but there were better tools when I was growing up. And worse ones.

I agree it good to have the jobs, but the foundation for that was already in place before Trump came to office. The congress boosted it by lowering taxes for corporations.

The truck driver industry is really hurting for drivers. I saw a news report that there is a 96% deficit. Most new drivers are coming from other countries.

The truck driver industry is really hurting for drivers. I saw a news report that there is a 96% deficit. Most new drivers are coming from other countries.
Very true,industry wide there is a 120% turnover annually.

Hmmm, 50% of a wrench will be made in China and then the other 50% added to it here? I don't think I'll like that.
And what about a socket ? The rachet end, or the bolt end ? The screwdriver, the handle or the blade ? Pliers, which grip will be made where ??? This is so perplexing !!!

Yeah, how would a Crescent wrench be parted out?????
I figured out the pliers quandary. Buy 2. Take them both apart. Connect the USA handles together, keep that one. Return the other. See, I'm smart, and you didn't believe "I gradiated fifth grade".

Yeah Craftsman might not be the best tool. But for Me they are cheaper to buy AND I can drive 5 miles to get replacement when I need it. NOT have to wait for tool truck to come around.

Yeah Craftsman might not be the best tool. But for Me they are cheaper to buy AND I can drive 5 miles to get replacement when I need it. NOT have to wait for tool truck to come around.
On a serious note,I have my craftsman almost 50 years now. I had/have snap-on, S-K, etc. And I'll put my craftsman up against any of them.

On a serious note,I have my craftsman almost 50 years now. I had/have snap-on, S-K, etc. And I'll put my craftsman up against any of them.
Thats because the Craftsman tools of 50 years ago were a quality tool made with quality components.

I have both S-K & Newer craftsman and theres no comparison the ten year old craftsman ratchets just plain suck. The ratcheting mechanism goes out of the Craftsman resulting in busted knuckles.
I wont even use the craftsman ratchet anymore for mechanical use. It found a permanent residence in the tool box of the manure tractor where it gets used 3 times per year changing shear bolts on a pto shaft.
The sockets seem to be ok still though, but I wont buy Craftsman tools unless its an older one from an estate auction or yard sale.

Auto Transport Service
Back