• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Remember Your First Camera?

Dibbons

Local time
8:31 AM
Reaction score
Mom (born in 1920) had the original Polaroid Camera (instant black and white photos). I still have it here somewhere. My first camera was the Kodak Instamatic 100, later had a model that used the flash cubes.

kodak.jpeg

Still remember dads old box camera. My first was s 110 cube flash. Still have it some where.

My first camera was a Pentax K1000. Had a darkroom, photography was a great pastime.

Mine was a Kodak 110 and used magic cube flash bulbs. I know dad regretted buying that!

Polaroid Swinger B&W.

No pics of it but I had one from my mom that you looked down into. Man does that seem like something from another planet these days. I remember using it at camera day at the Minnesota Twins games. Still have some if the pics.

I'm getting the feeling everyone is a wee bit older than I

When I graduated high school I got my first camera as a gift. It was the latest release that year (2004) a casio Exilim S3. About 1/2" thick, it fit in a pocket or wallet easy. It only had 3 megapixals which is nothing now a days but when it was new, that was a big deal and it was so glamorous then. I remember taking pics of anything and everything.

cs_xs3f.jpeg

I'm getting the feeling everyone is a wee bit older than I

When I graduated high school I got my first camera as a gift. It was the latest release that year (2004) a casio Exilim S3. About 1/2" thick, it fit in a pocket or wallet easy. It only had 3 megapixals which is nothing now a days but when it was new, that was a big deal and it was so glamorous then. I remember taking pics of anything and everything.

View attachment 984859
I’m still using one of those haha.....

Remember York Photo Labs? You sent the film out by mail. It took about 10 days to get the pics back in the mail.

Auto Transport Service
Back